VP of IT
ALLDATA Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Responsibilities - Other duties may be assigned:
Develops and oversees the implementation of long and short-term strategic and operational plans for software products development and IT infrastructure that align with the organization’s strategic priorities and business needs.
Implement processes and metrics to ensure the software development organization is extremely efficient and focused, and that the products are market ready, highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable that adhere to industry standards for architecture, security and best practices.
Take a hand-on approach to the software development lifecycle to demonstrate ownership and accountability of the entire product delivery process. Communicate proactively, clearly and completely with team members, cross-functional teams, executive committee (EC), and strategic partners to provide product delivery requirements, product roadmap statuses, impediments, and product performance data.
Leverages and transcends the existing IT infrastructure environment to create a new, more modern architecture to support future strategies and evolving needs. This includes the use of cloud technologies, data analytics, process automation technologies, mobility, and next generation cybersecurity tools.
Manages business continuity processes for the organization, including disaster recovery, products high availability, the Business Continuity Plan, and the Business Impact Assessment. Oversees testing, training, and the maintenance of these plans to ensure they are current and properly deployed across the organization, and appropriate in scope to mitigate business continuity risks.
Provides strong technology vendor management to ensure high performance and cost effectiveness with third party solutions.
Leads the evaluation and deployment of new technologies and enhancements to ensure that ALLDATA is prepared for rapid technology advances in the automotive aftermarket industry. Works with the business units to ensure the company leverages the best technology to achieve its business objectives, reduce cost, and reduce employee and customer friction.
Provides inspired leadership needed to develop and retain highly competent, technology and service-oriented teams. Drive culture of continuous improvement to improve quality, efficiencies, and standards across our software development teams, IT infrastructure & services. Provide architectural oversight during the detailed design, build, test, and deploy phases.
Manage Data Science teams to develop algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights for automotive market to predict repairs, forecast repairs, merchandizing and store efficiency, total cost of ownership, and tools for internal product usages, sales, and retention.
Work closely with AutoZone IT security, compliance and privacy to set standards, operational processes, and policies that support organization needs.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and initiative
• Demonstrates creativity in solving problems or generating improvement ideas
• Self-motivated with excellent decision-making, organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
• Supports and maintains positive attitude and vision with peers, associates, and Executive leadership and demonstrated effectiveness in building and managing teams
• Ability to prioritize competing or conflicting requests and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Must demonstrate ability to handle diversity among people and environments
• Constructively guide and motivate cross-functional teams and/or strategic partners working on product development to deliver value on-time and within budget.
• Communicate proactively, clearly and completely with team members, cross-functional teams, strategic partners, customers and all levels of leadership to provide product delivery requirements, delivery statuses, impediments, product roadmap information, and/or product performance data.
• Serve as the product Subject Matter Expert (SME) and effectively support all sales and product launch activities. Measure product performance for the company by managing, tracking, and reporting to KPIs that are meaningful to the financial health of the company.
• Consistently produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner, self-assigning dates/times for delivery and meeting delivery due dates.
• Create comprehensive, clear and accurate documentation.
• Serve in whatever capacity needed to provide value and ensure a positive outcome for product delivery and sustainability.
• Set clear expectations for direct reports and/or dotted-line reports. Actively measure performance and provide feedback, coaching and career-pathing based on performance. Ensure each report has an explicit understanding of his/her performance in the role.
• Consistently meet the values outlined in the AutoZone Pledge and Values.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university; MBA preferred.
A minimum of 15+ years of experience leading Software Development and Information Technology organization that delivers high quality, high value software products and solutions that drive business strategies and performance.
Proven ability to shift organizational culture, set clear expectations, actively measure performance and provide feedback, and consistently meet the ALLDATA values of puts customers first, cares about people, strives of exceptional performance, energies others, embraces diversity, and helps team succeed.
Demonstrated knowledge of and experience implementing and executing projects utilizing AGILE Methodology in a scaled environment.
Extensive financial and process experience required to establish and execute operational budgets and drive return on investment through continuous improvement.
Extensive cross-functional business skills, including finance, operations, sales, marketing, customer service, management, and leadership.
Consistently exercise good judgement, and decision-making skills in performing all job responsibilities.
ALLDATA®, an AutoZone® company, is the automotive industry’s #1 choice for OEM-direct diagnostic and repair information, both mechanical and collision. Founded in 1986, the company has more than 130,000 subscribers in North America who rely on ALLDATA for cloud-based, OEM-accurate automotive service and repair data, shop management software, training, and customer relations tools.
ALLDATA® is building a team that will develop a complete suite of mobile-enabled products and services for all of our products. Be part of a talented team working with the latest technology to create world-class software products.
We are looking for individuals committed to maintaining our position as the leader in our market.
ALLDATA® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALLDATA – Taking Automotive Intelligence to the Next Level ALLDATA®, an AutoZone® company, is the automotive industry’s #1 choice for OEM-direct diagnostic and repair information, both mechanical and collision. Founded in 1986, the company has more than 130,000 subscribers in North America who rely on ALLDATA for cloud-based, OEM-accurate automotive service and repair data, shop management software, training, and customer relations tools. ALLDATA® is building a team that will develop a complete suite of mobile-enabled products and services for all of our products. Be part of a talented team working with the latest technology to create world-class software products. We are looking for individuals committed to maintaining our position as the leader in our market. ALLDATA® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.