This position is the primary point of contact helping customers find information in our products, or obtaining additional information from a variety of resources. The ideal candidate is dependable, energetic, loves cars and automotive work but prefers to work in an office environment.
- Research automotive information for automotive technicians using factory service manuals, electronic media and manufacturers websites.
- Utilize proprietary systems to format data and prepare for distribution.
- This position has no direct reports.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2 Years Professional Automotive Repair, Service Writer or Auto Parts experience
- 2 Year Vocational School graduates may be considered in lieu of hands on experience
- Familiar with automotive makes, models, systems, components and manuals
- Good phone skills
- Good computer skills - Internet navigation a must
- ASE certifications or Smog license a plus
- Customer service experience a plus
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about, or occasionally there may be a requirement to stoop or lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Most of the time is spent communicating via voice, using hands to fingers to dial and use phones, typing on computer and reading messages from a monitor or a hard copy documents.