All for Health, Health for All, Inc. (AFH) has provided health services to the medically underserved and indigent community for over 30 years. AFH is a California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation with a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) designation. We are currently looking to hire a full-time experienced Medical Assistant/Referral Coordinator.
The successful candidate should be a multi-skilled professional, capable of working independently and as part of a team to provide quality service and care to our patients. Must be mature, sincere and empathetic with patients, have a positive attitude, and develop a trusting relationship with patients and staff. Computer literacy required. Must be organized, have the ability to follow through and complete work assignments independently, be responsible and pay attention to details.
- Preparation of exam rooms
- Assisting the provider with procedures
- Collection and maintenance of accurate, legible patient documents including patient history, triage, and handling of patient phone calls in compliance with state laws and regulations governing the legal scope of practice of medical assistants
- Cleaning and restocking exam rooms
- Cleaning and sterilization of equipment
- Notification of lab results, imaging results, and medication refills to patients by phone
- Coordination of care
- Participation in training and quality improvement activities, and compliance with policies and guidelines
- Participation in pre-visit planning and regular team huddle ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety and satisfaction
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including verification of demographic and current insurance information
- Assemble information concerning patient’s clinical background and referral needs
- Contact review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met
- Review details and expectations about the referral with patients
- Assists patients in problem-solving potential issues related to the health care system, problems with insurance coverage, or social barriers such as interpretation or transportation needs
- Identify and utilize community and cultural resources suited to patient populations
- Ensure referrals are addressed in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate integrity, sound judgment, demonstrated leadership skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proof of acceptable and appropriate training as deemed by the Medical Board of California
- Exceptional human relations skills
- Ability and willingness to work with people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or disease state
- Ability to maintain a friendly attitude with patients and staff, especially under pressure
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to speak, understand, write, and type English as well has had basic math and spelling skills
- Spanish and Armenian Speaking required
- Experience of a minimum of 3 years
- Experience with ICD-10 codes and EMR System