Project Engineer - Aerospace Manufacturing
ALIGN Executive Search
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Relocation assistance for the right candidate!
The Project Engineer is responsible for successfully managing and completing key projects, creating system layouts, structural assembly and detailed part conceptualization. Lead a design engineering team, assuring manufacturability and optimum cost, working in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering, and creating and meeting strict project schedules.
What you will be doing:
- Design and develop next generation Large Freighter Aircraft Cargo Handling Systems
- Project engineering leadership from conception to successful completion
- Lead design engineering team to create new product designs for manufacturability
- Develop cost-effective design concepts
- Develop Project BOMs and maintain working relationship with Manufacturing Engineering
- Develop detailed project schedules meeting production and delivery needs
- Delegate tasks to engineering team to efficiently meet schedules
- Conduct trade studies to optimize system value regarding production and in-service performance
- Work with purchasing department to assure adherence to drawing requirements from suppliers
- Work with Quality Department to assure adherence to drawing requirements
- Support sustaining engineering work to improve design for manufacture
- Support marketing with new business proposals and cost estimates
- Quotations and Contract review
- New Business Development
- Project Management
What you need to qualify:
- 5+ years' Project Engineering Management experience in the Aerospace industry
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or similar qualifying experience)
- Must have experience with manufacturing techniques to develop products for efficient manufacture
- Working knowledge of aircraft component structural analysis
- Good design problem-solving skills
- Ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced working environment
- Willingness to learn company procedures and implement improvements
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Design and Manufacture Composite Structures
- Knowledge of Plating, Anodizing, Heat Treating, Non-Destructive Testing, Steel and Aluminum in various forms
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical drawings
- Familiarity with wiring and harness drawings
- Knowledge of FAA requirements (14CFR Part 25)
What's in it for you:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Entrepreneurial and fun working environment!
We are an industry-leading Aerospace Manufacturing company.
ALIGN Executive Search
Get fresh Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!