Logistics Technician III (Part-Time)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Logistics Technician III (Part-Time)
Location: Springfield, VA
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
ALEX is hiring an experienced Logistics Technician responsible for providing escort of classified materials. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Securely and safely escort and transport classified diplomatic pouches in the assigned metropolitan area with occasional escort and transport to other CONUS or OCONUS destinations.
- Provide airport and seaport security watch for classified diplomatic pouches as they are loaded and/or off loaded from vessels.
- Build, open and secure classified pouch facilities in accordance with any applicable Federal and local office regulations.
- Safely operate U.S. Government vehicles and material handling equipment, including: delivery trucks, capacity NTE 26,001 pounds and cargo passenger vans NTE 15 passenger capacity; vehicles with manual or automatic transmissions; powered lift trucks (forklifts) ride-on or walk behind; non-powered lift devices, such as pallet trucks/pallet jacks, tie down straps,ratchet straps, pallet netting and pry-bars
- Handle material and pouches through physical labor or material handling equipment- individual items and pouches may exceed 70 lbs. and may be canvas bags or crates.
- Lift and place pouches onto or remove from warehouse pallets, wooden/plasticskids or aircraft pallets/aircraft cans after removing shrink-wrap or other tie downmaterials or devices.
- Attach shrink-wrap, tie down material, or other securing devices.
- Lift, load, and unload pouches onto trucks and vans manually or with MHE.
- Move pouches with MHE or manually within warehouse.
- Use the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) to enter items dropped off by customers and sign OF-120 Diplomatic Pouch Mail Registration Forms; build pouches with items for onward delivery to intended destinations withaccurate weights and measurements, identifying any pouch restrictions in ILMS and communicating them to customers; generate and enclose required paperwork; distribute items to authorized local customers, collecting signatures for recordkeeping, and documenting the transaction for each item in ILMS.
- Create, reschedule, reroute, dispatch, and/or inactivate shipments in ILMS as required; generate accurate DS-7600 Diplomatic Pouch Certification and Receipt forms and other paperwork; work with the ILMS Help Desk to troubleshoot and resolve software issues; locate and track items and pouches within ILMS for sending and receiving offices; complete forms and paperwork pertinent to the escort and transport of diplomatic pouches and cargo.
- Act as a liaison with airport security office and/or airline personnel to ensure courier access to the tarmac and airport terminal; coordinates with the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol Office to ensure timely clearance of diplomatic pouches arriving from/departing to Foreign Service posts.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area, including classified pouch facilities and keeping vehicles clean, especially with removal of debris leftover in the movement of material and trash.
- Assist with keeping vehicles in good working condition by monitoring tire pressure, fuel level, engine status, and checking for any damage before and after use.
- Work with the General Services Administration (GSA) to get repair and maintenance work orders approved.
- Take vehicles for fueling, oil changes, maintenance and repairs as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 or more years of direct experience in logistics, warehousing, and property management.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Medical clearance to performing the outlined responsibilities to include ability to successfully pass a random standard drug test.
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Ability to work irregular hours and weekends as needed.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- ILMS Experience.
- Ability to lift & handle objects and pouches up to 70 pounds.
- Capable of working in a warehouse environment.
Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Marshall, Virginia, ALEX – Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
· Woman-Owned Small Business
· VEVRAA Federal Contractor
· Affirmative Action Employer
· Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
ALEX - Alternative Experts
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Work From Home Logistics Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.