The Secondary Market Analyst will be responsible for day-to-day locking of mortgage loans. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, accurately registering and recording rate lock information, understanding and relaying investor policies to the Sales team, and thoroughly comprehending and conveying the pricing for all Company mortgage products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Completely review, process, lock, extend, and revise mortgage rate lock requests submitted by mortgage loan officers or operations team members.
- Manage exceptions within daily reporting,
- Assist with program and pricing loan scenario inquiries
- Create daily secondary reports.
- Review reports and rate locks for accuracy and distribute to appropriate parties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Basic mortgage market knowledge and understanding of mortgage pricing preferred.
- High school diploma, or equivalent education required.
- Basic underwriting, processor, and closing knowledge and terminology.
- Encompass experience is preferred.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed.
- Must be trustworthy, honest, and able to continuously display a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to basic inquires.
- Able to read, write, and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to use Company equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, internet, etc.).
- Able to access, input, retrieve, and interpret information using applicable computer systems (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, industry-specific computer software, etc.).
- Able to multi-task (e.g., simultaneous usage of several applications, etc.).
- Well-versed with keyboard shortcuts and able to identity new ways to complete a task in less time.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works well under general supervision.
- Able to handle deadlines and working within banking guidelines.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas.
This job operates in a clerical office setting; climate-controlled surroundings with adequate lighting and little or moderate noise when in the office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and photocopying is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position performs additional duties as assigned, given adequate guidance and resources. This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to perform this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.