Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Loan Officer Assistant will support Mortgage Loan Officers in all administrative, non-origination aspects of the mortgage loan origination process. Loan Officer Assistants work closely with Loan Officers to ensure all appropriate loan origination documents are thoroughly completed and adhere to Company and industry-established standards. The Loan Officer Assistant must have excellent 'people skills' and be driven with the desire to make sure every client has a positive experience with ALCOVA Mortgage.Compensation:
$14 - $18 hourlyResponsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Responsible for assisting with administrative duties related to client relationships and identifying client service and sales needs
- Assists with the coordination and follow-up with clients to ensure superior customer service
- Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of this position. Work involves a large degree of personal contact with others both in and out of the organization for purposes of obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation
- Reviews loan application to determine the completeness of all documents and verify the borrower’s qualification for specified loan products
- Advises Loan Officers of any deficiencies or missing documentation
- Works with escrow to obtain all items necessary for disclosure (e.g. estimated HUD, preliminary title report, closing protection letter and wire instructions)
- Coordinates sending of disclosures, ordering appraisal and running of credit
- Packages and submits complete files to operations through the Company’s loan origination software program
- Upon receipt of loan approval, works with Loan Officers, Loan Coordinators, and Escrow Officers to clear all “prior to doc” conditions and funding conditions
- Prepares doc requests and submits to Loan Coordinators, if used
- Arranges signing for borrowers with Escrow Officers
- Works closely with Loan Officers, Funders, and Escrow Officers to clear funding conditions
- Organizes filing systems, answers phones, photocopies documents, and prepares correspondence and documents as needed
- Prepares marketing materials and may coordinate meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- May be responsible for the preparation of specialized reports and documents
- Minimum of at least one year of experience in the mortgage field is required; two years of relevant experience or previous sales support experience is also preferred
- Ability to prioritize complex diversified responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to use deductive reasoning
- Working knowledge of Encompass and RESPA
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet applications
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable
- Technologically savvy and comfortable learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, situations, and job responsibilities
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime, if needed
- Strong moral compass with high standards for workplace integrity
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas
EOE D/V/M/FAbout Company
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at ALCOVA Mortgage