Group Fitness Trainer for AKT: A Dance-based Boutique Fitness Studio - AKT Redmond is currently under construction in the Redmond Town Center and is opening at the beginning of September! Training for the new instructor will be arranged in August and is paid for by the studio owner.
POSITION: We are recruiting for a talented instructor to join our brand new studio in Redmond WA! We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Trainer - someone who is passionate about teaching and educating. The ideal candidate will have experience and expertise in at least one of the following: HIIT and strength interval training, dance, barre/toning, and Pilates methods.
Must be able to efficiently explain and demonstrate exercises, provide modifications and progressions accordingly, and physically lead clients through our high-intensity, sweat-inducing classes! Positive, team-player attitude that can inspire our clients from the moment they walk in the door, all the way through their fitness journey. AKT offers the ability to teach multiple class styles, studio membership, continuing education, and the ability to grow in a supportive and fun environment!
• Love of boutique fitness is a must – professional dance resume is HIGHLY recommended
• Experience teaching group classes, and demonstrate effective group class instruction
• Charismatic, tenacious, positive, and motivational teaching style
• Punctual, reliable, and dedicated
• Desire to build a successful business in a fast-paced environment
• Professional, effective, and empathetic communication skills, with a focus on customer service
• Fitness certification preferred and must have (or be willing to obtain) a valid CPR/AED certification
• Must be willing to commit to an estimated 5 classes per week.
• Provide signature, energetic AKT workouts pursuant to AKT standards
• Instruct clients using proper form, safe methods, and modifications
• Conduct private, semi-private, demo or other additional sessions as needed
• Be a motivating and inspiring force in the AKT Community
• Maintain a clean and orderly workout environment and assist with class setup
• Support studio growth by promoting retail, studio events, and classes
• Build class attendance and retain current clientele through professional interaction
• Talk with clients about their goals and introduce them to our membership sales and services
• Attend staff meetings and required educational presentations
• Assist front desk and General Manager with studio tour, check in, and sales as needed
• Maintain strong, professional social media presence to increase class following.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
This position offers a very competitive compensation package, based on experience & performance. Unlimited growth potential within the company.
VIDEO SUBMISSION: Submission details will be shared after initial contact with the GM of AKT Redmond.
TRAINING: Training details will be will discussed after acceptance of video submission. Training consists of a portion of online learning as well as in person instruction and practice.
AKT CERTIFICATION PROGRAM: Once accepted into the AKT Certification Program, Trainee must be available for a mandatory training program in which he/she will learn the fundamentals of the AKT curriculum. *Acceptance into the AKT Certification Program does not guarantee employment with the company.
AKT is a revolutionary boutique fitness technique rooted in functional training and movement. Developed by international fitness expert, Anna Kaiser, it combines circuit training, HIIT, strength, toning, dance cardio, Pilates, and yoga to deliver a high-energy, efficient, and fun workout. The ever-changing curriculum provides a full-body workout that keeps muscles guessing, ensuring members never plateau. Thousands of clients per week, including celebrities like Kelly Ripa and Shakira, stay in shape with AKT's 360-degree lifestyle program via in-class and On Demand experiences. AKT has partnered with one of the largest fitness operators in the country, Xponential, to open over 150 studios in the next two years, creating unlimited geographical and advancement opportunities for our AKTraining Team
Why Work Here?AKT is a revolutionary boutique fitness technique rooted in functional training and movement. Developed by international fitness expert, Anna Kaiser, it combines circuit training, HIIT, strength, toning, dance cardio, Pilates, and yoga to deliver a high-energy, efficient, and fun workout.
Be part of the team to bring the first AKT to Washington State! AKT is: movement, fun, community, rhythm, results and badassery!