AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a Project Assistant for our Tualatin, Oregon office. If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization, then you’ll want to consider AKS.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Familiar with the site development process
- Experience supporting engineers, architects, contractors, or surveyors preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite, including MS Project
Job Functions & Responsibilities: You will be working with and supporting Project Managers with project-related correspondence and coordination. Typical responsibilities include preparing and maintaining documents, setting up meetings, creating and filing project correspondence, maintaining project schedules, downloading and uploading files from FTP sites, project filing, coordinating internal team members, and working with the other administrative staff. Because you will be working closely with the entire project team to facilitate communication, excellent written and verbal communication skills are important. This role will require interacting with clients, vendors, subconsultants, and contractors in a professional manner in a fast-paced environment. To be successful in this role, you need to be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and proactive individual with several years of experience working within the architecture/engineering/contracting (AEC) industry.
- Assist in preparing/tracking client proposals, additional services, and agreement letters
- Maintain project files
- Develop and maintain project schedules in MS Project
- Assist and prepare written documentation at each submittal phase, as well as assisting in assembling/maintaining project correspondence (i.e., letters, transmittals, meeting minutes, electronic file requests)
- Occasionally deliver plans and proposals
- Assist in receiving client, subconsultant, and contractor calls in absence of Project Manager
- Provide support in various word processing, project filing, and spreadsheet tasks, as needed
- May provide project accounting support including review of contract/cost proposals, setup and maintenance of projects in project management software (ERP/Ajera), subcontractor cost management, and project invoicing
- Communicate with project teams and clients, regarding deliverable schedules, task completion, process changes and requirements, using multiple channels of communication including face to face, email, text, and phone
- Coordinate permitting with AKS team, client, and jurisdictions
- Networks with clients, subconsultants, and colleagues to build/maintain professional network
- Do what needs to be done
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, and forestry. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and over 22 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. In 2018, AKS was ranked as the 9th largest engineering firm in the Portland metropolitan area and the 2nd fastest growing engineering firm. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recently recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018. We specifically place our offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.