Construction Administration Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Currently celebrating 40 years in business, AKRF is an award-winning consulting firm bringing the value of strategic thinking to our energy, land development, transportation, energy and water clients. Our civil engineering practice works with public and private clients throughout the entire lifecycle of a project.
AKRF is seeking an entry level Civil/Construction Administration Engineer with 0-2 years of work experience to support our Engineering team in our New York City office. This individual will serve a key function in seeing our landmark urban coastal resiliency project designs through construction to implementation. The potential candidate will have the opportunity to work in a hands-on environment, with frequent site visits and contractor meetings at construction sites in our own New York City backyard. This is an exciting opportunity to help AKRF shape the future of our community in a changing climate.
- Assist with the organization, tracking, review, and disposition of various engineering and construction documents including Requests for Information (RFIs), submittals, and material samples;
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary designers, construction managers, contractors, and clients to communicate project status and set priorities;
- Attend construction progress meetings and site visits;
- Support site/civil design including site planning, site layout, grading, drainage, utility design, stormwater management, and soil erosion and sediment control;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a collaborative team environment;
- Experience with computer aided drafting software, proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D preferred;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites, on occasion, with a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation will range from $60,000-$85,000.
AKRF enforces a policy of equal employment opportunity in our daily operations. The firm has a demonstrated history of hiring, training, developing, promoting and retaining minority group members and women. All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Construction Consulting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.