SPECIAL NEEDS DRIVERS
AKAN TRANSPORTATION Washington, DC
- Expired: 14 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Responsible for safe and orderly transportation of clients with disabilities on assigned route.
- Operate bus that transports clients with disabilities and other authorized personnel to and from designated locations.
- Drive bus to and from Appointments.
- Check bus for mechanical defects before and after each operation and notify supervisor of needed repairs.
- Report all accidents, vehicle damage, student injuries, mechanical failure, and complete required reports.
- Keep records on bus mileage, gas and oil consumption, and number of passengers transported.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled.
- Help Clients with disabilities get on and off bus according to their individual needs.
- Learn and adapt to each client's special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Supervise clients as they board and leave bus and cross street.
- Ensure proper condition of emergency equipment, such as first aid kit, fire extinguisher, flags, fuses, crow bar, and reflectors. Correct unsafe conditions in work area that could cause an accident and inform supervisor of any conditions that are not immediately correctable.
- Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control. Continual sitting, reaching, and repetitive hand and arm motions; pushing, pulling, moderate lifting. Work outside and inside.
- Education/Certification: Clean Commercial driver’s license (Class B) Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Must be 18 years of age Ability to pass alcohol and drug test Ability to complete required bus driver safety training Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
AKAN TRANSPORTATIONWhy Work Here?
Great and Supportive Work Environment
TravelView all jobs at AKAN TRANSPORTATION