HVAC Technician Job Summary:
We are looking for a hard-working, dedicated HVAC Technician to join our growing staff. The individual in this role will be responsible for installing, inspecting, and fixing our customers’ heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. Candidates should have extensive experience handling, installing, and fixing HVAC equipment, and be comfortable working with little to no supervision. We are based out of Central Jersey, near Rutgers and our area of services included but are not limited to Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
HVAC SERVICE Technician Responsibilities:
- Knowledgable in Residential and Light Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning Equipment, including Furnace, heat pumps, boilers, mini-split, central air conditioning systems, etc.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Travel to homes and businesses on a daily basis and respond to work order request in a timely fashion.
- Perform consultations with customers while keeping the line of communication in check.
- Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues and repair defective equipment
- Repair damaged HVAC systems
- Sell ongoing maintenance contracts to current and future customers
- Keep records of customer appointments and payment transactions including invoices
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources
- 3-5 Year experience in the field under a journeyperson preferred.
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants, Type I & Type II Required.
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school required
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver, Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must hold state driver’s license
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations
- Familiarity with industrial tools, equipment
- Have all necessary Hand Tools required to do your job.
- Climb/Balance on ladder
- Work in elevated/high locations or tight crawlspaces
- Ability to handle physical workload
Similar Job Titles:
- HVAC Technician / Installer
- HVAC Refrigeration Technician
- Heating & Air – Service & Repair Technician HVAC
- HVAC Lead Install / Service Technician
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Service Technician
- Commercial HVAC Service Technician
- Senior HVAC Technician
- HVAC Comfort Advisor / HVAC Salesman
AK Aire Limited Liability Company
Why Work Here?AK AIRE LLC, is a local Central Jersey Based Company specializing in heating and cooling industry. We have strong ties to our community and wish to expand our company, by finding technicians who share the same goals. Thank you for taking the time to search our company and we look forward to hearing from you.
Up and Coming Company looking to Grow!
South River, NJ