IT Security Engineer ( Remote )
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Business Title - Senior IT Engineer, Systems
Division - Corporate
Reports to - Director of IT Security
Job Role and Summary
IT Security Engineers are responsible for role is the review and remediation of security vulnerabilities within the enterprise computing environment. Works with vendors and contractors in support of that mission. Scope of systems includes on-premises, co-location, and cloud-based server and desktop systems, whether virtual or physical. Reporting to the Director of Information Systems Security, within the Chief Information Officer’s organization, this role will both respond to tactical needs and pursue the strategic strengthening of the company’s overall security posture. Updates, troubleshoots, and maintains the infrastructure to ensure production, development and test environments support the design, implementation, and processing of business applications. Assists audit and compliance with both the ongoing evaluation and reporting of safeguards and efficacy, and the remediation of shortcomings, where discovered.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Works with Leadership to plan and design models for infrastructure and application security to support the evolution of company security posture.
· Works with vendors and internal colleagues to identify and remediate vulnerabilities across the server, networking, and client architecture.
· Works with Audit and Compliance personnel to respond to third party security assessments.
· Works with server and client administration colleagues to ensure appropriate security safeguards are in place and functioning throughout the architecture.
· Participates in on-site visits to physically assess and manage systems as may be required for the organization.
· Participates in post-mortem analysis for IT security-related incidents, identifying root causes and helping to design strategies and tactics for preventing the recurrence of such incidents.
· Maintains an in-depth knowledge of current IT security threat vectors and remediation approaches, especially those related to healthcare technology.
· Information Technology
· 5 plus years of “hands on” experience as an engineer, IT Infrastructure development and maintenance
· Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of MS Operating systems, Citrix, VMware, Core Network, and associated services, including anti-malware tools managed at scale.
· Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of Group Policies, and security practices
· Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting of server and workstation hardening in an enterprise environment
· Knowledge of web application security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
· Advanced knowledge of system and network security
· Good customer service and interpersonal skills
· Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure. Independent worker that has strong work ethic and initiative.
· Operational experience in Healthcare IT
· Knowledge of Okta
· Experience with one or more Security Information and Event Management (SEIM) systems
· Experience with Google Cloud Platform (or Azure or AWS)
· Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
· CCNA, MCSE, Google Certified Cloud Architect, or equivalent
Get fresh Director of Cloud Services jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.