MDOT - Lead Electrical Engineer (Transportation Engineer V)
- Expired: February 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
APPLY at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mdotmd to be considered for this recruitment.
Executive Service Recruitment
The incumbent will serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority
The Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Aviation Administration (MDOT MAA) is the owner & operator of both BWI Thurgood Marshall and Martin State Airports, serving over 27 million passengers annually.
Powered by PERFORMANCE. Inspired by INNOVATION. Fueled by FUN. We are chartering careers to unprecedented Successes, Opportunities, Advancements, Results, and Services. If you're beginning your career journey or performing at your peak level, we invite you to consider our aviation family for your career
MDOT MAA is currently accepting applications for the position of Lead Electrical Engineer (Transportation Engineer V) within the Office of Facilities Maintenance at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI Marshall Airport).
This position assists the Manager of Utilities Maintenance with managing the design, analysis, administration, review, coordination, budget and execution of maintenance and engineering projects for the MDOT MAA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing supervision, coordination, management, and administration of multiple electrical maintenance and testing contracts;
- Directing and managing engineering consultants and electrical contractors who are contracted to perform investigations, inspections, and evaluation of existing conditions related to electrical, control, and metering of existing systems;
- Reviewing, commenting, and approval of proposals, reports, plans, specifications, construction cost estimates, and feasibility studies submitted by engineers, contractors, and other consultants for the design and repair of electrical and special systems associated with aircraft aprons, ramps, runways, taxiways, parking lots, parking structures, utilities, and building facilities;
- Participating in design, construction management, and commissioning of projects at BWI Marshall Airport and MTN;
- Assigning of projects to A/E consultants, contractors, and MDOT MAA staff based on priorities and goals relative to schedules and budget associated with the needs of the administration, tenants as well as regulatory and maintenance requirements; and,
- Managing electrical contracts, including but not limited to Airfield and Terminal electrical maintenance, High Voltage Testing, Airfield lighting control systems, and Square D; Powerlogic Power monitoring system service contracts.
Employees in this position are designated "Emergency Essential" in the event of airport emergencies, weather emergencies, or irregularities and are subject to extended shifts and being on-call during scheduled off-hours, holidays, and weekends.
This position is located at BWI Marshall Airport in Anne Arundel County, MD
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years experience in professional engineering.
1. Additional work experience in professional engineering, or in technical engineering at the journey level or above, may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.
2. Possession of a Master's Degree in engineering may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
3. Persons currently registered as Professional Engineers in the State of Maryland, or in a State with comparable requirements, are considered to have met the education requirements.
Licenses & Certifications
1. Employees in this class may be required to possess a Professional Engineer, Land Surveyor or Property Line Surveyor License.
2. Employees of the Maryland Transportation Authority may be required to possess an Engineer-In-Training License from the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants may be subject to a background check which may impact employment. A history of arrest or conviction is not an automatic disqualification to employment. Applicants, who are considered for work at the Maryland Aviation Administration, are subject to an extensive pre-employment security background check as required by the Federal Aviation Administration, Federal Aviation Regulation Part 107.
TO APPLY at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mdotmd to be considered for this recruitment.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE MDOT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. It is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant experience in detail and addressing the specific requirements shown above. This includes, but is not limited to, full or part-time, volunteer, military, acting capacity, or any other experience that is relevant to this position. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please notify in advance. MD Relay Service Number (711). Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. The selected candidate may be subject to background and reference checks.
The Maryland Department of Transportation is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Applicants who have education obtained outside of the United States will be required to provide proof of the equivalent United States education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service, such as the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (http://www.naces.org) or the Collegiate Registrars & World Education Services: International Credential Evaluation (https://www.wes.org/).
The incumbent in this position will not be a member of a covered bargaining unit.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, MDOT does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, creed, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, or sexual orientation.
AIRPORT MINORITY ADVISORY COUNCIL
Get fresh Engineering Recruiter jobs daily straight to your inbox!