The Research Software Engineering Project Coordinator position will support the development and maintenance of image analysis processing software tools in an academic research setting. This position will be located primarily at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Medical Physics.
An ideal candidate will have the ability to design, implement, document and maintain research software tools. A project management mindset will be essential as you coordinate software projects, including progress reporting and estimation of effort.
- Train and support research staff in software development practices including source control, object-oriented design, separation of concerns, and development of maintainable software
- Assist with translation of research-focused technology from the UW-Madison Medical Physics research environment to clinical/commercial applications at AIQ
- Serve as a liaison between UW-Madison and AIQ
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in software development, including experience with coordination/management of small to medium-size software projects
- Technical expertise in software design, source control, and software quality practices
- Experience working in a scientific/research environment, ideally including scientific/mathematical analysis and image processing
- Familiarity with MATLAB and Python