Under the direction of the Service Director and Real Estate Manager, the Service Specialist is responsible for performing grounds and housekeeping services to ensure excellent curb appeal and quality of apartment homes, as well as responding to related service requests and assisting in turning apartments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Grounds and Housekeeping Services
- Perform grounds and housekeeping services according to policies and procedures
- Ensure curb appeal of property and common areas by cleaning windows, floors and carpets, watering landscape, replacing light bulbs, and finishing a variety of other tasks
- Complete Painting, removing of trash and cleaning of apartments for apartment turnovers as assigned
- Assist with the organization of maintenance materials, informing the Service Director of supply needs and keeping the storage area locked and organized
- Walk the property daily, prepare the model and market ready units
- Complete all tasks on time per company safety policies. Notify managers of any safety or deferred maintenance concerns. Participate in safety meetings
- Carry out light maintenance duties as qualified and participate in additional training and certification classes as desired
- Assist in snow removal as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Complete service requests as directed same day or within 24 hours including delivering notices, moving major appliances.
- Deliver notices to residents when asked
- Ensure excellent customer service with same day or maximum 24 hours follow up on all service tickets
- Available for weekend work and emergencies if needed
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to walk the grounds and apartments, ascend stairs around the property, lift 60 lbs., climb ladders over 10 feet, and perform other general physical activities such as bending, kneeling, pushing
- Prior custodial, housekeeping, or apartment experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Full Time position (32-40 hours a week)
AION offers a competitive compensation package, ten paid holidays a year, a generous sick and vacation program, and an excellent group benefit package which includes a 401k matching program!