AION is looking for Maintenance Service Technicians for our Newark, DE locations. The Maintenance Service Technician is responsible for performing general maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping services to ensure excellent curb appeal and quality of apartment homes, and responding to customer service requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, inspections, and janitorial services as assigned
- Assist with maintenance of storage area and maintenance materials
- Perform refurbishing and renovation of apartments per company standards
- Walk the property daily to ensure curb appeal and quality of apartments
- Notify Real Estate Manager of any safety concerns and participate in safety meetings
- Responsible for knowledge of property specific problems such as asbestos
- Assist in snow removal as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Maintain accurate record of all tasks completed
- Complete all service requests in accordance with company standards
- Available for weekend work, on-call duties, and after-hours emergency service requests, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as scheduled
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Type II Certification or required within 180 days of hire
- Valid Driver’s License
- At least 2-3 years of maintenance experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to walk the grounds and apartments, ascend stairs around the property, lift 60 lbs., climb ladders over 10 feet, and perform other general physical activities such as bending, kneeling, pushing
- 8AM-5PM SHIFT MONDAY-FRIDAY (AFTER HOURS ON CALL IS REQUIRED)
AION offers a competitive compensation package, 11 paid holidays a year, a generous sick and vacation program, and an excellent group benefit package which includes a 401k matching program!