AINS has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an “Applications” Systems Administrator supporting our federal client located in Washington, DC (remote for the foreseeable future). This position provides a variety of deployment and operational support for a portfolio of web applications, monitoring security and operations, and assisting in the support of a suite of development tools. This is a great opportunity for a clever and inquisitive professional to maximize a variety of IT Tools.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent Systems Administration skills with a focus of software applications and be eligible to obtain a secret security clearance. Active Secret Clearance preferred.
Location is Washington, DC (L'Enfant Plaza) - Currently all staff are telecommuting for the foreseeable future
- Installation and updating of software platforms and development tools
- Deployment, monitoring, and support of web applications running under JBoss EAP, Tomcat and IIS
- Monitor operational availability of production applications by utilizing and implementing automated failure alerts
- Detecting and correcting operational issues
- Planning for and testing new versions of supported platforms
- Tracking down problems relating to issues in the computing environment, such as network or security problems.
- Developing scripts to automate, when possible, frequently performed tasks
- Conduct capacity and performance planning
- Develop and perform automated deployment and upgrade procedures/scripts
- Knowledge of Windows servers including knowledge of the server resource management (CPU, Memory, etc.)
- Creating, monitoring and deploying automated tasks
- Configuring services, user accounts, permissions
- Application server deployment, administration on WindowsBasic knowledge on Virtualized or Cloud server environments
- Basic experience with SQL and RDBMs, such as Oracle
- Experience supporting and deploying web applications,
- Experience with various utility scripting tools
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory structures
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
The following platforms may be supported by this position, so experience with any of these platforms/technologies is a plus.
- Microsoft IIS
- PRISM Procurement System
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and services such as EC2, ELB, Lambda or Beanstalk
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Red Hat Linux
- Red Hat JBoss EAPAnsible or similar DEVOPS tools
- Security operations and monitoring using tools such as Tenable, Cenzic and Splunk
- Monitoring tools such as Opnet or ScienceLogic
- Identity Management Software such as PingFederate, ADFS or Okta
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance (required)
- Active Secret or Interim Secret Clearance (preferred)
- B.S. degree in computer information systems, programming, engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
AINS, Inc. has been in business since 1988 and provides over 380 Federal agencies with IT products and services. The company is located in Gaithersburg, MD. Please visit the AINS Corporate website at www.ains.com for more details. AINS offers:
- Career growth
- Competitive salaries & incentives
- Good benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Life insurance
- Education cost reimbursement
- AINS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.