2022/2023 6th-8th Grade World Language Teachers (Mandarin/Spanish)
- Expired: June 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provide a high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual; uphold the mission and values of American Indian Model Schools (AIMS) and contribute to our goal that every student in California has access to a high-quality public education.
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with Common Core Standards and AIMS Instructional Guidelines.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve instructional practices throughout the school; share best practices.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families about classroom activities and student progress.
- Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education.
- Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with Head of School and Dean.
- Maintain accurate student records including attendance.
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs. Support the mission, vision, and core values of AIM Schools.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned from Head of School and Deans.
- Flexibility of schedule to accommodate monthly Saturday School, Summer School, as well as additional after school tutoring
- At the least, a 1 year commitment. A 3-year commitment is preferred and is eligible for a bonus at the end of the term.
- Bachelors’ degree
- Valid California Teaching or Intern Credential
- English Language Learner Authorization required
- NCLB Highly Qualified
- AIMS K-12 College Prep Charter District does not provide J1 or H1B Visa Sponsorship
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and application of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Knowledge of various subject matter, including Common Core Standards and subject-specific frameworks
- Understanding and ability to create assessments according to standards every 6-8weeks Ability and willingness to implement AIMS Instructional Guidelines and Best Practices
- Aptitude to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data to inform next phase of teaching Capacity and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices to better serve students Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents, and community
- Computer and Internet search skills
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
Work Position (Percentage of Time):
Standing: 30 Walking: 20 Sitting: 50
Body Movement (Frequency): None (0) Limited (1) Occasional (2) Frequent (3) Very Frequent (4)
Lifting (lbs.): 15-18 Lifting: 2 Bending: 2
Pushing and/or Pulling Loads: 1 Reaching Overhead: 1 Kneeling or Squatting: 1
Climbing Ladders: 0 Climbing Stairs: 2
NON-DISCRIMINATION: AIMS College Prep Charter District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, ancestry, political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, national origin, or mental or physical handicap in any of its policies or procedures related to admissions, employment, educational services, programs or activities.
EducationView all jobs at AIMS K-12