Our client, a large Fortune 500 Company, is seeking a Project Engineer ( Electrical) to work onsite in El Dorado, KS. The Project Engineer - Electrical will manage all aspects of assigned projects.
- Perform projects and assignments for the engineering department with direct supervision and exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation.
- Estimates the cost and feasibility of a given project
- Supervise contractors and field activities and provides discipline-specific engineering assistance, direction, and development assistance to colleagues depending on assignment
- Solves technical problems related to projects as well as troubleshoot and updates report data for the business unit(s)
- Develop project scopes, budgets and AFE's for approval and ensure projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates
- Procure equipment/material; Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment.
- Track schedule and costs and provide regular reports and forecasts
- Assist other project managers with estimates, designs, and construction packages as well as providing quality assurance support during construction.
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Upgrade, design, configure, maintain and monitor related equipment and performance
- Optimize business unit(s) and analyze data to aid operations with decisions, ensuring maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- 2 years of experience in engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Emphasis on power distribution and controls is required.
- Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC hardware.
- Professional Engineer preferred.
- Refinery or Petrochemical industry experience preferred.
- Experience in I&C design and engineering practices for heavy industry.