- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
American Iron & Metal (AIM) is a family-owned, Canadian-based company founded in 1936 in Montreal, Quebec. Recognized as one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers, AIM has evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with a global footprint.
At AIM, we understand that the well-being of our employees is the key factor for our international success. Accordingly, we promote a safe, fair and dynamic work environment that provides excellent training programs and career advancement plans and maintains the highest safety standards.
If you are looking for career development and an opportunity to work for a company that promotes growth, then keep reading!Job Description
In collaboration with the General Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for the selling and trading of scrap metal products. They are also required to develop and maintain outstanding business relationships with new and current customers. This position requires a dynamic individual with initiative, whom is able to work closely with all personnel and departments within the company, as well as customers and suppliers.
- Purchase scrap so that tonnage targets are met or exceeded while optimizing profit margins
- Visit with dealers and industrial suppliers, either on the phone or in person, to promote new and repeat business, quote pricing, provide customer service, answer questions, handle complaints and build rapport
- Determine prices for individual accounts and maintain prices in computer system and update as required by market conditions
- Coordinate deliveries with supplier and assist dispatch for delivery and pick up of material, equipment and roll-off containers where appropriate
- Develop a network of reliable contacts which will allow up to date information pertaining to buying/selling prices and trends in local and regional markets
- Utilize knowledge of yard operations and processing to make cost effective pricing decisions
- Keep informed of competitive efforts directed at our accounts. Develop strategies and action to prevent account loss
- Coordinate with administrative staff and trading team to ensure accurate and timely documentation of all purchasing transactions
- Provide input and recommendations on scrap purchase prices for AIM operated yards
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Other duties will apply
New university grads welcome!
- University Degree or College Diploma in business, sales or marketing desired
- 1+ years of professional work-related experience in sales, marketing or customer service
- Superior customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent mathematical, problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Some knowledge of identifying metal alloys is helpful, but not required
If you are interested in this amazing career opportunity, please apply directly to this ad with your resume and cover, outlining how you would benefit our already dynamic team !
Get fresh American Metal jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.