Functional Area:IN - InvestmentEstimated Travel Percentage (%):Relocation Provided:AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
Job ID: JR1908211 Real Estate Investment Analyst - Commercial Mortgage Asset Management
Your Future Team
The position is within the Asset Management team of the Commercial Mortgage Lending Department of AIG Investments and supports commercial mortgage and real estate functions assets throughout North America. The job reports to the one of the Asset Managers for the Commercial Mortgage Loan group in Houston but also supports operations in Los Angeles and New York.
- Provide analytical support to various functions within AIG Investments' commercial mortgage loan platform including the use of third party software tools for portfolio analysis and risk assessment.
- Ability to learn property valuation and cash flow analysis using Argus.
- Ability to review leases and property level documents
- Participate in the underwriting, credit analysis and risk assessment of commercial real estate loans including existing loans, modifications, refinances and workouts.
- Support the asset and portfolio management functions by assisting with consent requests regarding tenant lease/SNDA approvals, capital escrow accounts, construction loans, loan modifications/assumptions and condemnation/casualty.
- Assist in the analysis, management, operation and disposition of REO investments.
- Provide support to Investment Managers in the preparation and presentation of investment recommendations to the Commercial Mortgage Lending Investment Committee.
- Proactive management of the commercial mortgage and REO portfolios.
What we are looking for
- College graduate (BA/BS required). Advanced degree highly beneficial.
- Related experience in Commercial Real Estate preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Must have strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Strong work ethics are necessary.
- Also, must have strong organizational, leadership, and quantitative skills.
- The position requires an interest in real estate andthe ability toperform real estate analysis, market research, excel modeling, valuation and risk analysis.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.