Functional Area:CL - ClaimsEstimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%Relocation Provided: NoAIG Claims, Inc.
Your future team:
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the General Insurance Claims organization.
Your contribution at AIG:
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- The National General Adjuster will have the ability to handle homeowner/property claims assigned in the Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County areas of S. FL;
- Responsible for investigating claims, and making timely decisions by analyzing information gathered during investigation, appropriately analyzing coverage, determining liability and evaluating damages.
- Interact with insureds, brokers, and other claims professionals;
- Have the ability to operate independently within authority limits; and
- Will be expected to deliver an exceptional level of customer service throughout the claims process.
What we are looking for:
- 6-9 years experience handling personal lines property claims
- Knowledge of negligence laws, state regulations, statutes and procedures
- An extensive proven background with high net worth markets desired
- A high level of knowledge/experience with Exactimate property estimating software
- Must be willing to go on CAT duty for large scale property claim catastrophic events
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Possesses sound judgment and decision making ability
- Ability to prioritize workload to respond to changing workplace demands
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.