Functional Area:IT - Information TechnologyEstimated Travel Percentage (%): No TravelRelocation Provided: NoAIG PC Global Services, Inc
Your future team
AIG's technology team develops solutions that address customer engagement, marketing, risk exposures, policy administration and embody AIG's tradition of innovation. We are bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You should be an innovator, always curious and looking to deliver for the business using relevant technologies that support the business strategy. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes
The A&H Global Technical Lead is required in designing, developing and deploying application solutions that can be re-used and deployed globally.
- Lead/mentor other developers in setting architecture, design, and development standards. The candidate will work with the team to address technical challenges as needed.
- Gain understanding of Business requirements and Business strategy, work with Business Analysts to document/refine requirements (functional and non-functional), and map product requirements and Business Problems to re-usable end-to-end technology solutions.
- Work with Program / Project Managers and Business Analysts to develop high level project schedules, resource plans for the project.
- Prepare for the implementation of applications by evaluating and selecting the methodologies and tools based on standards
- Work closely with administrators, architects, and application teams to insure applications are performing well and within agreed upon SLAs.
- Collaborate with other technology teams and architects to define and develop solutions.
- Understand and contribute to all design aspects needed for the solution (Business, Application, Information and Data, Technology Integration and Infrastructure)
- Document solution designs and how they interact with the larger Enterprise Architecture, including Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products
- Liaise and manage third party system developers
- Research and experiment with emerging technologies that can benefit the application stack.
- This is a hands-on role; you will lead by doing.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with an ability to challenge, adapt to change and deal with ambiguity.
- Proven record in providing direction, motivating and growing employees to drive high levels of performance.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Excellent technical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiencies with Agile development practices.
- Experience translating functional and technical requirements into technical specifications and design.
- Expert in Web Technologies JAVA , JEE, Spring framework
- Experience with SQL languages, Oracle, DB2 & SQL Server
- Experience within the Insurance industry space preferred.
- Manage multiple stakeholders at senior levels.
- Ability to multi-task as supporting multiple and concurrent projects are necessary.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or jointly in a self-directed way.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Agile mindset but adaptable to different methodologies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator, coordinator, and organizer with experience getting things done in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively manage messages and communications for different audiences.
Background and experience desired:
- The position calls for a seasoned IT professional with senior leadership qualities and background with a minimum of 6+ years' experience in IT leading and directing the work of others.
- 5+ years of Working knowledge of web technologies and protocols (JAVA/JSON/REST/JMS)
- 5+ years of experience building and managing complex JEE solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience and 3+ years' experience leading and directing the work of others.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.