Field Engineer will be responsible for construction engineering, contract administration, management of inspection staff, management of testing contract and quality control of multiple transportation infrastructure construction projects in accordance with the contract documents. Coordination with the private utilities, HOA's, businesses, property owners, and Fort Bend Staff/Agents will be required throughout the projects.
- Apply diversified knowledge of construction engineering principles and practices and provide recommendations to resolve significant construction engineering problems
- Provide general inspection of construction work to ensure compliance with contract documents, plans, specifications and standards.
- Review inspector daily reports in accordance with the project requirements.
- Monitor quality control and quality assurance material field testing for concrete, steel, asphalt and soils as applicable.
- Perform and/or supervise staff in preparing pay estimates, schedule reviews, RFi responses, submittal reviews, non-conformance reports, etc.
- Review contractor requests for additional compensation and time arising from plan revisions, extra work, changes conditions, claims etc.
- Draft change orders and other correspondence
- Ensure all project documentation in performed and archived in accordance with owner requirements
- Coordinate the work of sub-consultants.
- Lead or attend meetings that facilitate open communication and problem resolution between contractor, client and stakeholders.
- Lead project close-out process including final inspections, prepare punch lists, and warranty 1-year inspections.
- Assist and contribute to contract procurement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field (Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Structural Engineering, etc.)
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience relevant to this role in transportation infrastructure construction.
- Working knowledge of applicable standards, specifications and materials
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Experience working with Fort Bend, Harris County, TxDOT, HCTRA, City of Houston or similar municipal transportation construction projects.
AIG TECHWe are a Houston-based engineering consulting company established on the cornerstone of transportation. We offer a multidisciplinary blend of planning, engineering and program management services for all types of transportation projects.