- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
The Administrative Assistant will work with both the Care Home Administrator and the Financial Administrator. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing administrative duties to include excellent customer service to both residents and resident families as well as ensuring the Care Home Administrator and Financial Administrator have the support needed to run the care homes effectively. Aiea Heights Rest Home, Inc. has two care homes that the Administrative Assistant will split their time between. Aiea Heights Senior Living is near the top of Aiea Heights Drive in Aiea. Waialae Senior Living is on the windward side of UH Manoa near H-1. Must be willing to travel back and forth between care homes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Position specific duties:
- Assist Care Home Operator with administrative duties.
- Assists resident families who have a question or issue with their loved one’s care or billing. Notifies Administrators if additional follow up is necessary. Documents resolution with resident families and in resident’s records.
- Assists Financial Administrator with invoicing, receiving payments, paying bills, renewing licenses, and other bookkeeping tasks.
- Assists with Human Resources issues.
- Provides backup support for day-to-day operations and special projects/events as needed.
- Follows established work rules, standards of conduct, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Performs other related business duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings to assure complete coordination of services.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with confidential information and comply with established policies, procedures, and practices. Safeguards all confidential and proprietary information.
- Responsible for the security of all assets assigned.
- Creates a one-team atmosphere that is supportive of both facilities.
- Scheduled to work 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. 8-hour shift may vary, but will usually be between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. May be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and holidays to meet operational needs.
- Indoor, office setting. Will need to travel to do deliveries, bank deposits, send out mail, and work at both care home facilities. Must be able to drive and have own vehicle.
- Education: High School diploma or Certificate of Completion or equivalent
- Experience: One year of general office work
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
- Valid Driver License and personal vehicle
- 2-Step TB Clearance
- Fieldprint background check (Criminal, adult protective services, and child abuse and neglect)
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Current physical of health
- Experience: One year of work experience in human resources; One year of work experience in customer service
- Familiarity with OHCA requirements for Adult Residential Care Homes
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and QuickBooks
- Ability to deal with difficult people or situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and at times under difficult situations
- Ability to maintain cooperative and productive working relationships
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $17 per hour
Work Location: Multiple Locations, Aiea Heights (96701) and Manoa/Palolo (96826)
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- After one year of employment:
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
All employees and applicants (post-employment offer) must provide proof of being fully vaccinated or obtain an approved medical or religious exemption as an accommodation.
AIEA HEIGHTS REST HOME, INCORPORATED
BusinessView all jobs at AIEA HEIGHTS REST HOME, INCORPORATED