Health Educator - CAPP Program
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ACQC is seeking a Health Educator for the Comprehensive Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (CAPP) Program to serve adolescents and youth at risk for pregnancy/parenting, HIV, and STDs. The program goals are to provide comprehensive, age-appropriate sexuality education and ensure access to comprehensive healthcare. The CAPP program strives to expand opportunities for youth by offering alternatives to sexual activity, and to develop and increase local community support.
- Provide services that are specific, sensitive, and culturally relevant to the target population.
- Conduct outreach to the target population in the venues, neighborhoods, or areas where they typically congregate, including online venues following CDC COVID guidelines.
- Provide individual health education and risk reduction counseling to program clients.
- Facilitate Be Proud! Be Responsible! Groups are designed to assist clients with planning, achieving and maintaining behavior change.
- Create social media campaigns to increase awareness of the program and promote recruitment into the program interventions and activities.
- Lead the delivery of CTR for HIV/STI/HCV testing
- Conduct presentations/lectures in community group settings to increase awareness, build general support for safe behaviors, support personal risk-reduction efforts, and/or provide general information about programs and available services.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client/peer chart recording.
- Submit weekly program progress reporting and monthly narrative of program activities.
- Follow COVID guidelines to keep staff and clients safe while in the office and/or out in the field.
- Other duties as assigned by Youth Program Supervisor and/or Prevention and Education Managers.
- Must have an Associate’s degree from an accredited college and of one year of experience in a health related field or prevention program
- Knowledge of teen pregnancy and family planning.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and organizing virtual meetings
- Creative skills to introduce innovative ways to engage with the target population through social media platforms
- Energetic, responsible, and flexible with work schedule
- Ability to work long days, evenings, and weekends.
- Proficient writing skills
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
- Sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, and gender orientation differences.
- Fluency in one or more of the priority community’s languages (Spanish preferred)
- Driver’s License
This position is based in Woodside, Queens near the 7 train and LIRR.
The ideal candidate for the Health Educator position will be a hard working team player who has a passion for working with youth and heath education.
ACQC offers rewarding work in a collegial environment and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, pension, paid time off, and commuter benefits).
ACQC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please forward cover letter and resume to the attention of the Program Supervisor.
ACQC's mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and their families living with, and at risk for, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and other chronic health conditions. We do this by providing comprehensive social services in a non-judgmental, safe, and supportive environment, and by educating the community to reduce stigma and the transmission of HIV.
ACQC's vision is to serve people living with HIV/AIDS and to eradicate HIV/AIDS in the future. We will accomplish this by empowering and educating individuals to take ownership of their health and well-being through a healthier lifestyle.
AIDS Center of Queens County, Inc.
62-07 WoodsideNew York, NY
Get fresh Health Educator jobs daily straight to your inbox!