Director of Case Managment Services
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The AIDS Center of Queens County, Inc. (ACQC) has a strong commitment to providing HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and advocacy for individuals throughout the borough of Queens. A leading provider of services since 1986 for those who are HIV+ and at risk, ACQC seeks to educate, empower, and improve our client’s quality of life.
ACQC is seeking a Director of Case Management Services. This individual will be responsible for the daily oversight and coordination of eight case management programs including a community pantry. The Director will ensure that the case management program is in compliance with the organization’s policies and external regulatory agencies to ensure optimal continuity of care. This position requires solid leadership, from an individual who is a self-starter and has the ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
Responsibilities for the Director of Case Management Services
- Responsible for the development of staff and systems to effectively operate a comprehensive Case Management Department.
- Formulate objectives, goals, and strategies for the case management program in accordance with the overall objectives of ACQC and external reporting agencies.
- Provides leadership and direct supervision to four senior level staff members.
- Review programs financials, budget variance reports and meet with the Finance Department monthly to achieve stability of the department income.
- Ensures appropriate training and resources are available to all staff within budgetary constraints and promotes professional growth of all staff.
- Assist with writing grant proposals for future program funding.
- Conduct an ongoing evaluation process for the Case Management Department.
- Ensure Case Management programs are in adherence to contract requirements.
- Review and evaluate existing programs, services procedures and/or policies to assure adherence to acceptable case management practices.
- Participates in Director and Leadership activities within the agency and community.
- Identify gaps in service delivery and develop programs to assure comprehensive continuity of services.
- Monitor billable activities for accuracy and submission.
- Oversee the Community Pantry.
- Monitor Continuing Quality Improvement (CQI) and quality assurance activities of each program.
- All other duties as assigned by Associate Executive Director of Program Services.
Qualifications for the Director of Case Management Services
- MSW, LMSW or LCSW in appropriate human services discipline required.
- A minimum of 4 years of case management experience.
- Excellent program management and supervisory skills with a minimum of 2-3 years supervising a team in case/care management or related field.
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS related services, case management systems, client populations and communities served.
- Knowledge of documentation requirements including intake and assessment, treatment planning and clinical interventions from the start of treatment to the end of care.
- Experience with electronic medical record and budget development/management.
- Organized, solution-focused team player, with excellent leadership qualities that support a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach in programs and service delivery.
- Passion for ACQC’s mission and an ability to communicate this passion to others
- Positive attitude and demeanor with an ability to engage individuals of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and needs.
- Respect for and sensitivity to ethnic and cultural differences.
This position is a full-time, exempt position, and is based in Jamaica, Queens near the E, F, and J trains and LIRR.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Case Management position is a proven leader with extensive case management experience, who understands program administration and contract budget management. This individual must be passionate about collaborating with their team members to provide enriching programs that will improve the clients’ health and quality of life. ACQC offers rewarding work in a collegial environment and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, pension, paid time off, and commuter benefits).
ACQC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please forward cover letter and resume to the attention of the Associate Executive Director for Program Services.
ACQC's mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and their families living with, and at risk for, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and other chronic health conditions. We do this by providing comprehensive social services in a non-judgmental, safe, and supportive environment, and by educating the community to reduce stigma and the transmission of HIV.
ACQC's vision is to serve people living with HIV/AIDS and to eradicate HIV/AIDS in the future. We will accomplish this by empowering and educating individuals to take ownership of their health and well-being through a healthier lifestyle.
AIDS Center of Queens County, Inc.
161-21 Jamaica AvenueNew York, NY
Get fresh Case Worker Aide jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.