Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world's most highly-skilled accountants - CPAs and CGMA designation holders - with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today's demands and tomorrow's challenges.
We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role
Provide strategic, creative leadership on concept development, execution, and presentation. With the creative brief as a strategic guide, partner with copywriters to produce innovative design solutions combining both written and visual elements. Lead all stages of the design process for assigned projects, including concept development and execution, art direction and collaboration with clients, stakeholders and team members. Develop customer-focused design, addressing research, user experience and client feedback. Serve as brand champion while ensuring that clients' messages are conveyed with the highest visual impact in a variety of formats, including print, web, multimedia, interactive, digital, multidimensional, live events, brand identity and others.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Create and execute a variety of print and electronic promotional and graphic design materials and strategies, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, posters, self-mailers, book covers, logo design, template design, annual reports, PowerPoints, email blasts, web banners, landing pages and websites.
- Oversee and direct design and production of a variety of web and electronic graphic design elements/materials for use both online and in marketing materials. Enhance user experience & functionality via informational architecture, transitioning text into diverse media assets to help further user understanding.
- Contribute to overall creative strategy development and share best practices in support of positive project outcomes.
- Brainstorm unique ideas, themes and concepts and articulate in visual and oral form.
- Collaborate with various teams, copywriters, graphic designers and multimedia producers to generate workable concepts and ideas for marketing campaigns, online efforts, print, direct mail, events and conferences, and other promotions.
- Interact with Instructional Designers, Editors, Subject Matter Experts, and the web production staff, offering the expertise and guidance they require.
- Ensure a seamless work process flow.
- Oversee assigned staff or freelance graphic designers.
- Oversee campaigns from concept through production and completion.
- Review designs/readers prior to release to Account Manager.
- Produce and prepare files in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Assure quality of and prepare final files for print reproduction and/or for web.
- Support efforts of studio by revising/editing files as needed.
- Ensure adherence to the Association's brand architecture and guidelines.
- Attend launch meetings and creative sessions.
- Contribute to overall needs of the team. Provide support and assistance when needed.
- Promote team's creative culture by meeting with other Graphic Design staff in an effort to share ideas, trends and other creative topics.
- May occasionally supervise temporary staff and/or freelance designers.
- Conduct interviews, make hiring decisions, provide salary recommendations, monitor and assign work, develop employees; develop work plans and conduct performance evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graphic Designer
- Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, Word, FileMaker Pro, SharePoint and Flash
- Understanding of typography, color and productionand knowledge of print production, web and multimedia
- Ability to navigate political sensitivities and executing design solutions that reflect these challenges
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Commitment to quality
- 5 - 7 years' experience in graphic design including
- 3 years' of supervisory experience, art direction, production and project management
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent experience
At the Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses.
You'll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.