Job Title: Specialty Physician Assistant – Experience in Orthopedics/ Interventional Spine
Location: Metro Atlanta Clinics
Experience: 3-5+ Years
Status: Full Time
Compensation: Dependent upon Experience; Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement); Malpractice Insurance Provided.
Welcome to AICA Orthopedics, Atlanta’s premiere orthopedic, joint, and spine specialists. We are a multi-disciplinary practice that combines a variety of specialties, including medical, chiropractic, and physical therapy, to help diagnose and treat physical injuries throughout the body. In addition, we have the latest in neurological testing and imaging equipment, with multiple high-field and open MRIs. Whether our patients have experienced a car accident, a slip and fall, a work injury, or are suffering from ongoing pain, AICA Orthopedics’ wide range of health care professionals and diagnostic tools allow for quick diagnosis and faster recovery times for the most important part of our practice – our patients.
Physician Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
Physician Assistant Job Duties:
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
A background in any of the following specialties: orthopedics, neurology and/or interventional spine/pain management is REQUIRED;
Qualified Candidates possess the following:
- 3-5 Years of Experience MUST include working directly with an Orthopedic Surgeon specialized in Spine, a Neurosurgeon specialized in Spine, OR an Interventional Spine Specialist (i.e. Anesthesiologist OR Physiatrist specialized in Spine);
- Experienced and Proficient with procedures such as Epidural Injections and Facet Blocks, Radiofrequency Procedures (Kyphoplasty / Vertebroplasty).
Our compensation package is highly competitive. Clinics are open Monday through Friday with NO “on-call”, weekend hours, or hospital rounds required. Please note, we are a procedural based practice; we do NOT handle chronic pain-management patients.
Ideal candidate will have the following qualities: • Dependable • Excellent communication skills (interoffice and patient) • Leadership • Ability to multitask *SPECIALTY EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
Must have a strong understanding of musculoskeletal injuries as well as interventional spine procedures.
Candidate must possess respective Medical License and non-restricted DEA for the State of GA.
- Compensation: Competitive Salary for experienced providers; Malpractice Insurance provided, Health Benefits include medical, dental, and vision. Vacation/Holiday Pay included.