Job Title: Physical Therapy Assistant - Licensed
Reports To: VP of Clinical Operations
Location: Metro Atlanta Clinics
Status: Full Time
Compensation: Dependent upon Experience; Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Paid Holidays)
A group of private practices in Metro Atlanta has openings for PTA positions in locations conveniently located around Metro Atlanta. We are seeking a local, hardworking, experienced, licensed/certified Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA). Our patient-base consists of injury patients suffering from spinal and extremity injuries. A background in any of the following specialties: orthopedics, neurology and/or interventional spine/pain management is a plus; however, we are willing to train the right candidate(s). Our compensation package is highly competitive.
This licensed/certified Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) will assist in providing patient care by instructing and advancing patients in therapeutic exercise programs and administering appropriate physical modalities as determined by the Physical Therapist. This PTA position will instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients as they practice exercises and functional activities, ensuring that they have a meaningful rehab experience. You will confer with Physical Therapist staff or other medical staff associates to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment all while maintaining the highest level of excellence in both clinical skills and customer service.
- Associate's degree OR equivalent from a two-year college/technical school; or
- Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of the above education and experience.
- Graduate of an Accredited School for Certified Physical Therapist Assistants;
- Current P.T.A. licensing/certification is REQUIRED
- Minimum of 1 to 2+ Years of previous job-related experience;
- Prior outpatient clinic experience strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, allowing them to build professional relationships with the entire patient care team.
- This PTA position requires a thorough understanding of clinical documentation requirements utilizing electronic health records.
- This role also requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in order to accurately and concisely communicate with physicians, therapists, clinic staff and patients.