AHT Insurance is a full-service insurance brokerage and consulting firm offering property and casualty, employee benefits, retirement, personal and international services for a wide range of industries – boasting national recognition for our practices in areas including technology, manufacturing, government contracting and nonprofits. At AHT, you will be part of a company that has demonstrated excellence in service for almost 100 years. Our reputation with industry peers, clients and insurance carriers leads to exceptional account retention and a stable work environment — making AHT a premier destination for career-minded individuals.
Our Core Values:
- Trust - The Foundation
- Purpose - The Reason
- Drive - The Pursuit of Greater
Each value represents a deeply rooted tenet, serving as a cultural cornerstone and guiding the decisions we make and the work we do.
The primary responsibility of the IT Technician is to assist the branch office management and staff by coordinating and delivering technology support in conjunction with the corporate IT Help Desk. The IT Technician will maintain multiple computer systems, support network functions and application platforms to ensure that all IT infrastructure is fully operational and is leveraged to its maximum capabilities. This position will also receive instruction, guidance and mentoring from senior technology staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Provide support to internal customers by telephone, email or during in-person office visits.
- Ensure that all support requests are promptly entered into the tracking system.
- Ensure that all support requests are documented, resolved or escalated.
- Attempt to resolve issues at the first point of engagement and avoid hand-offs, escalations and the need for call-backs.
- Support our internal customers's IT needs by providing extraordinary service.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field highly desirable. Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+, MCSE) will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ hands-on experience with Windows Operating Systems, supporting and maintaining workstation operating systems, computer networks and systems maintenance.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange and VOIP phone systems.
- Solid foundational understanding of various computer and network operating systems.
- Ability to diagnose computer problems, monitor computer systems, install software and perform tests on computer equipment and programs.
- Ability to maintain and repair computers and networks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with others, orally and in writing; follow oral and written instructions; comprehend and analyze written information.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated with ability to pro-actively follow-up on projects with extended timelines.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Effective Time Management with the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment and effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines and provide continued support while also making effective use of time when not assisting internal customers.
- Able to pleasantly and effectively interact with internal customers over the phone and in person. Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship-building skills and able to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and manage major accountabilities.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent troubleshooting and logical problem-solving skills
- Creative ability to solve unusual or difficult problems when logical methods have failed
- Must be available for special projects, system maintenance, system upgrades, etc. after normal business hours and on weekends when required.
WORKING AT AHT INSURANCE
We offer our employees:
- Competitive salaries
- Employer paid insurance benefits
- Paid time off
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) participation
- Casual dress code
- Time off for community volunteerism
- Office social events
AHT Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Employer.