AHT is a full-service insurance brokerage and consulting firm offering property and casualty, employee benefits, retirement, personal and international services for a wide range of industries – boasting national recognition for our practices in areas including technology, manufacturing, government contracting and nonprofits. At AHT, you will be part of a company that has demonstrated excellence in service for almost 100 years. Our reputation with industry peers, clients and insurance carriers leads to exceptional account retention and a stable work environment — making AHT a premier destination for career-minded individuals.
Our Core Values:
- Trust - The Foundation
- Purpose - The Reason
- Drive - The Pursuit of Greater
Each value represents a deeply rooted tenet, serving as a cultural cornerstone and guiding the decisions we make and the work we do.
The Human Resources and Operations Supervisor will provide strategic and tactical human resources support for AHT's Seattle office, performing HR-related duties on a professional level and working closely with all levels of employees, to include senior leadership. This position is responsible for managing the Seattle office facilities while also coordinating service needs in collaboration with the agency Principals and Client Service Managers in the local Seattle office.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Design, implement and maintain an effective recruiting strategy at the direction of the Client Service Managers and HR Manager
- Meet with hiring managers to create job postings, review applications and schedule interviews.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, etc.
- Partner with HR Generalist to update and maintain job descriptions.
- Work with HR Manager when employee relations issues arise.
- Point of contact for benefits administration for the Seattle office.
- Conduct new employee orientations; assist with monitoring career development program.
- Prepare exit paperwork and conduct exit interviews.
- Work with management to ensure workflow is transferred for terminating employees.
- Work with Corporate HR department to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Serve as liaison with HR Manager and legal counsel as needed on Employee matters.
- Manage leave-of-absence requests, including medical leaves (STD and FMLA) and non-medical leaves, serving as the on-site point of contact to ensure leave is tracked properly and documented properly.
- Serve as liaison to licensing professionals, both internal and external, to maintain all employee licenses .
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Understand Performance and Growth Plan and assist managers with questions.
- Other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Hire, mentor and supervise the Seattle administrative staff.
- Coordinate non-professional work for the administrative team.
- Accountability for the Seattle office operational expenses, including but not limited to Postage, Office Expenses and Temporary Labor expenses.
- Liaison to third parties such as the City on employee benefit matters, including ORCA passes.
- Liaison to Tenant Services on all office-related matters such as janitorial, emergency preparedness, office keys, parking and security.
- Liaison to IT department on their needs/work. Provide coordination assistance with VA headquarters office when local IT employees are sick/on vacation.
- Oversee/coordinate all incoming mail, invoices, check requests, commission checks and electronic record keeping.
- Management of Seattle Office Credit Card and working knowledge of charity golf bank account.
- Coordinate with social committee to acknowledge anniversaries, birthdays, wedding, babies, etc.
- Assist the corporate marketing team with coordination of Seattle office sponsorships and events.
- Manage Seattle marketing inventory and distribution of promotional items, collateral and other marketing materials.
- Provide oversight to the administrative staff who serve as design/branding backup for the corporate marketing team, assisting with client/prospect presentations and external surveys.
- Serve as liaison between corporate marketing and Seattle office when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree; three to five years of human resources experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Office management administration experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Self-motivated, positive in approach and possessing a professional demeanor.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sensitive and empathetic listening ability.
Working at AHT Insurance
We offer our employees:
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) participation
- Casual dress code
- AHT Days of Thanks - time off for community volunteerism
- Office social events
AHT Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Employer.