AHS Staffing is looking for a Technologist in Greensboro NC, for a 13-week assignment.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8a-5p Full Time
- Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
- Perform confirmatory testing on client samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples making measurements and calculations.
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report.
- Maintain, calibrate, and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function checks recognizing significant changes in instrument function; trouble shoot as indicated.
- Follow quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality control charts, reagent and standard logs, and worksheets.
- Participate in the instruction and training of others; demonstrate and/or explain the testing process to others or observe the testing process as performed by others.
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science degree.
- Must have MLT/MT certification
- 1-year of clinical lab experience (preferred)
- Color Blind Testing is required