AHS Staffing is looking for a Specimen Processing Specialist in San Diego, CA, for a 13-weeks assignment.
Tues - Sat 7am - 3:30pm or Mon-Fri 10p-6:30a
- This is a multi-discipline position with 3 primary components: specimen accessioning, sample splitting/sorting and data entry.
- Labeling/inoculating/streaking biological specimens in a fast pace environment
- High attention to detail and good organizational skills. Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing and routes specimens by type to various staging areas.
- Performs all paperwork, technical and non-technical procedures required to process and submit specimens.
- Assigns specific computer generated identification numbers, checks for accuracy and records all items processed.
- Operates data entry terminals and automated data systems, follows standard sequences/coding when entering data and corrects, edits, and/or verifies data entered into automated systems.
- Must be able to perform eSIS audits to resolve any outstanding problems.
- Collect and organize blood, tissue, and other bodily fluid samples from patients
- Prepare samples for routine testing and analysis
- Properly record results for further analysis and easy reference
- Monitor inventory samples and supplies
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Work under the supervision of a medical technologist
- Previous experience as a clinical technician or in other related fields
- Familiarity with common medical terminology
- Experience in a laboratory setting
- Strong organizational skills