AHS Staffing Overland Park, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $15 Hourly
AHS Staffing is looking for a Specimen Processing Specialist in Overland Park, Ks for a 13-week assignment.
• Schedule: Monday through Friday - 2pm-10:30pm overtime will be required and may be upwards of 10 plus hours a week. Rotating Saturdays or Sundays are required and will be scheduled as needed. Holidays may be required to work and will be scheduled as needed.
- Requires the ability to handle human biological substances including but not limited to blood, urine and stool.
- The candidate must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Collect and organize blood, tissue, and other bodily fluid samples from patients
- Assist Team Leads
- Prepare samples for routine testing and analysis
- Maintain the Port Area
- Properly record results for further analysis and easy reference
- Push/Pull Specimens
- Monitor inventory samples and supplies
- Biopsy Tracking
- Maintain a clean work environment
- PSC Touch Specimen Handling
- Work under the supervision of a medical technologist
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work independently under general supervision
- Must be able to distinguish colors including shades of colors
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry, and rotate/turn with up to thirty pounds
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to effectively transfer knowledge from one situation to a new situation
- 1/2 of the shift is in the presorting area, where the employee will be lifting 30 pounds or less of packages, sorting and organizing packages. Heavy lifting, bending, squatting, sorting, in a fast paced environment
- Presorting and opening packages, sorting/scanning/counting specimens. Transporting specimens from one area to another. Bending/squatting required.
- Second part of shift will be processing urine drug screens.
AHS StaffingWhy Work Here?
AHS Staffing is a leading staffing company specializing in medical professionals throughout the United States.
“Serving healthcare providers by connecting amazing people with exceptional employment opportunities; we commit to pursue our mission with passion, loyalty, and integrity to benefit our employees, clients, and community.”
AddressOverland Park, KS
HealthcareView all jobs at AHS Staffing