AHS PharmStat is looking for a Medical Technologist (Histologist) in Shelton, CT, for a 13-week assignment.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Follows the laboratory’s procedure for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies; documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follows the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either corrects the problem or immediately notifies the General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, Clinical Consultant or Laboratory Director.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science degree.
- Must have MLT/MT certification
- 1-year of clinical lab experience (preferred)
- Color Blind Testing is required