AHS PharmStat is looking for a Pathology Technologist in Cincinnati, OH, for a 13-week assignment.
First, 8:30am - 5pm Mon-Fri
Hospital calls these positions "Path Tech's" however very similar to a Specimen Processor role.
- Receiving and accessioning specimens, answering phone,filing, taking temp of equipment cleaning cryostat ,stain line in the frozen room, dumping tissue, helping PA's, ordering supplies
- Will be looking at surgical specimens
- Knowledge of Medical terminology preferred
- Min. of 1-2 years experience
- Answer telephones and maintain logs/records.
- Organizational skills and proficiency with numbers.
- Research information and prioritize time management initiatives.
- Train employees and use computerized databases.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens
- Regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne diseases
- Must comply with applicable safety procedures.
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science and all required city/state/licenses or permits to qualify as a Technologist plus 1 year of clinical lab experience.