As AHJ Engineers celebrates 35 years of providing quality structural engineering services across the west, our home city of Boise, Idaho continues to enjoy a steadily growing economy. We pride ourselves in being true ‘consultants’, known for practical problem solving and constructible design solutions for all buildings types.
AHJ Engineers is seeking an exceptional, self-motivated individual with a desire to grow in their career and leadership goals. The structural engineering project manager will split his/her time between managing the engineering for multiple clients’ projects and mentoring the staff engineers who assist. The following characteristics describe the ideal candidate:
- High level of understanding of all building types, load paths and economical detailing practices.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- PE license and SE license (or sitting for SE exam within 1 year).
- 8+ years progressive structural engineering work history.
- Proven leadership and intentional mentorship of an in-house project team.
- Advanced working knowledge of the IBC and its reference documents.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- A keen knowledge of detailing and constructability.
- Proven ability to manage client expectations, striving for a problem-free project experience.
- Ability and desire to engage in business development activities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience or fluency in BIM (Revit) environment.
- Dedication to managing project budgets and utilization rates to ensure successful metrics
- Competitive salary
- Semi-annual bonuses based on company profits and individual successes
- Dental, Vision and Medical Health Insurance
- 15 paid vacation and sick days per year (20 days after 5 years)
- 7 paid holidays per year
- 401K with company match
- Professional development training
- Flexible work schedule
- Wide variety of interesting design projects