Project Engineer (HVAC) (Remote)
For over 30 years, AHA has successfully worked with owners, operators, Fortune 500 companies, Ivy League schools, top real estate developers and award-winning architects. They have relied on our passionate team of experts to deliver more than 500 million square feet of high-performance facilities throughout the U.S.
We are Consultants and Advisors first, focusing on clients’ vision and success during and beyond the project. Our services range far beyond MEP design. From strategic concept development to first class, innovation design…beyond engineering.
Are you interested in joining a smaller, flexible firm on a smaller team where you have an immediate impact with the chance to work on a wide variety of projects? AHA also provides a “Path to Partnership” program outlining all steps and expectations for anyone in the company looking to take the next steps in their career. We are looking for individuals with passion and commitment to their job responsibilities and take advantage of AHA’s Training and Mentoring programs.
The Project Engineer (HVAC) will thrive on managing projects, mentoring a growing team and, enjoying a fast-paced environment, and value teamwork and shared success. Project types include: Corporate, Academic, Science & Technology, Industrial, Mission Critical Civic & Entertainment, Healthcare, Historic Preservation & Adaptive Reuse and Mixed Use.
- Develop and design the layout for HVAC distribution systems and equipment selection based upon client’s scope of work
- Produce complicated sketches and system schematics for complicated engineering designs, evaluations, and planning of mechanical systems
- Perform Load/ Energy / Heating calculations
- Write / edit projects specifications, reports, other
- Conduct existing building surveys and documentation for existing HVAC systems
- Consult with other Engineers, prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems, and analyze operation of existing systems
- Maintain current knowledge of building codes and ability to come up with alternatives to building code exceptions
- Provide construction admin services
- Client interaction with contractors, clients, and equipment suppliers
- Manage projects across a multidisciplinary team, including tracking all aspects of the project, identifying needs, changes to fees/ project budget and facilitating quality products on time
- Communicate visible and up-to-date information about team progress
- Facilitate team meetings, brainstorming and decision-making around all aspects of the project
- Identify and helping to mitigate risks to projects’ success
- Serve as key point of contact for stakeholders during the project
- Maintain updated written standard operating procedures, including regular meeting notes and project documentation
Develop junior drafter and designers
- Participate and contribute to a team effort, exchanging ideas and recommending improvements
Position Qualifications (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree (BSME or BSMET) or equivalent technical training/certification
- Minimum five years’ experience in Designing and Engineering HVAC systems in buildings
- EIT Certification or Professional Engineer license
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical systems concepts and design
- Intermediate use and understanding of AutoCAD
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and engineering drawings
- High degree of analytical skill and ability
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good delegation and mentoring skills
Position Qualifications (Preferred)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Engineering HVAC systems in hospitals, labs, universities, critical mission, and office buildings.
- Professional Engineer license
- Experience with design software and Revit
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills and use of Microsoft Office Teams.
- LEED certification/experience a plus
AHA provides full time benefits for 30 hours/week work. This includes a flexible work environment, health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, LTD, STD, Student Debt Match Program, 401(k) match / profit sharing, and tuition reimbursement. The majority of our employees are with us for more than 20 years!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Staffing Firms Notice – AHA does not accept resumes from staffing firms unless there is an agreement in place – please refer to AHA website.
EEO. AHA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace.
AHA Consulting EngineersLexington, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.