Plumbing Engineer Spring '23 Co-op ( MEP Engineering)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Interested in a great opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar industry reputation? Prefer to work in a smaller organization where you have access to Senior Leaders and can make an impact? Gain experience working in a “client first” engineering practice where AHA values professional and personal growth. AHA is a full-service MEP / FP consulting engineering firm, knowledgeable in the latest regulatory requirements and building codes. For over 30 years, we’ve been providing engineering assessments, design drawings, bid documents and construction administration for a wide variety of projects from small renovations to complete laboratories.
The intern will work with an experienced Plumbing Engineer to help provide engineering support for projects, primarily focusing on distribution system schematics. This position will be responsible for helping with the design of new, and modifications to existing infrastructure systems within the facility for a diverse array of project types ranging from corporate, industrial, academic, multifamily, mission critical, and laboratories.
- Perform basic load calculations
- Become familiar with Building and Plumbing Codes
- Evaluate code compliance and research industry standards for engineering guidelines
- Assist with documentation and report writing
- Prepare materials for presentations or client meetings
- Assist with site visits for MEP systems
- Provide assistance, as needed or directed, to deliver a quality product on schedule
- Handle multiple projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Receive and follow through with specific or technical instructions
- Participate and contribute to a team effort, exchanging ideas and recommending improvements
- Demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills
- Attend client meetings as necessary
Preferred Experience/ Skills
- Currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary, Environmental or Architectural Engineering
- A high level of interest with MEP systems relating to construction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Strong initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Time management skills, with the ability to handle various responsibilities while meeting strict deadlines.
- Experience in Revit and Auto CAD
- Able to work in Boston, Lexington, MA or Alpharetta, GA
For close to 30 years, AHA has successfully worked with building owners, operators and tenants of Fortune 500 companies, Ivy League schools, top real estate developers and award-winning architects. They have relied on our passionate team of experts to deliver more than 500 million square feet of high performance facilities throughout the U.S.
At AHA, our approach to engineering and building sciences means we go beyond engineering to ensure: All engineering disciplines are well-coordinated. Our clients can rely on complete, accurate documents. We deliver energy efficient, pragmatic and cost-effective work.
Intern will be responsible for his/ her transportation and housing.
Please note that AHA does not accept staffing firm resumes and we do not sponsor.
AHA evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
AHA Consulting Engineers, Inc., is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace.
For more information, please see our website at www.aha-engineers.com.
AHA Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Get fresh MEP Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.