Mechanical Engineer (HVAC) - Spring Co-op in Boston/Lexington/GA
AHA Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Posted: over a month ago
An AHA Co-op
Interested in a great opportunity to become part of a smaller team with a stellar industry reputation? Prefer to work in a smaller organization where you have access to Senior Leaders and can make an impact? Gain experience working in a “client first” engineering practice where AHA values professional and personal growth. AHA is a full-service MEP / FP consulting engineering firm, knowledgeable in the latest regulatory requirements and building codes. For over 30 years, we’ve been providing engineering assessments, design drawings, bid documents and construction administration for a wide variety of projects from small renovations to complete laboratories. Our employees often start as interns and stay with us for more than 20 years!
For close to 30 years, AHA has successfully worked with building owners, operators and tenants of Fortune 500 companies, Ivy League schools, top real estate developers and award-winning architects. They have relied on our passionate team of experts to deliver more than 500 million square feet of high performance facilities throughout the U.S. At AHA, our approach to engineering and building sciences means we go beyond engineering to ensure: All engineering disciplines are well-coordinated. Our clients can rely on complete, accurate documents. We deliver energy efficient, pragmatic and cost-effective work.
We’re seeking driven college students interested in MEP who:
- Want to learn from senior MEP Engineers in HVAC, Plumbing, Fire & Protection, Electrical and Sustainability
- Able to work in the spring semester of 2023 in either Boston (on public transport), Lexington, MA (would require vehicle) offices
- Want a full-time Co-op for the semester (40 hours paid)
- Perform basic calculations
- Evaluate code compliance and research industry standards for engineering guidelines
- Assisting in drafting and design support for multiple trades & projects
- Assist with documentation, including updating design files
- Prepare materials for presentations or client meetings
- Assist with site visits for MEP systems
- Procure trade partners and equipment purchases
- Provide assistance, as needed or directed, to deliver a quality product on schedule
- Handle multiple projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Receive and follow through with specific or technical instructions
- Participate and contribute to a team effort, exchanging ideas and recommending improvements with colleagues throughout the company
- Currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Environmental, Architectural Engineering, Electrical, Electromechanical Engineering or Fire Protection
- Coursework in HVAC design, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, visual programming (Python, C+) a plus
- A high level of interest with MEP systems relating to construction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong initiative and problem solving abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Time management skills, with the ability to handle various responsibilities while meeting strict deadlines.
Intern / co-op will be responsible for his/ her transportation and housing.
Please note that AHA does not accept staffing firm resumes and we do not sponsor.
AHA Consulting Engineers, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?