Food Safety Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
MAIN FUNCTIONS: The Food Safety Coordinator verifies quality and food safety management systems activities implemented at the plant level
REPORTS TO: Food Safety Manager
- Ensures implementation of quality and food safety management system programs in the facility
- Reviews and verifies quality and food safety records
- Maintains document lifecycle in the facility
- Participates in the review of hazard analysis and critical control point following HACCP principles
- Initiates investigation activities triggered by internal nonconformances, customer complaints, and audits
- Document Management
- Coordinates with key personnel to identify actions to be taken to address food safety issues
- Conducts facility audits and inspections as per defined frequency and as needed
- Acts as audit guide during third party audits
- Ensures the facility’s inspection readiness
- Reports food safety plant issues to Food Safety Manager, Plant Manager, Operations Manager and General Manager/Director
- Coordinates QFSMS issues during food safety meetings and toolbox meetings
- Prepares quality and food safety data for trend analysis and monitoring
- Participates in other validation and verification activities, as needed
- Provides support to food safety initiatives driven by Food Safety Manager, Operations Manager, Plant Manager, General Manager/Director and Corporate Food Safety
- Performs any other tasks assigned by Food Safety Manager
- Completion of Qualification Card/s for designated area and/or other job position/s that may be assigned.
- Uphold a quality-conscious and food-safe culture.
- Above average knowledge and understanding of applicable quality and food safety management systems standards (FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, Gluten-Free); product-specific standards (Kosher, HALAL, Organic, NonGMO)
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements
- Capable of conducting Investigations for quality and food safety related issues.
- Capable of conducting Internal Audits
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Capable of presenting a professional image of AGT Foods to Customers, Auditors and Visitors.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Science, Food Science, Agriculture, or any equivalent related science program
ManufacturingView all jobs at AGT Foods