AGM Container Controls, Inc., was founded in 1955 and is a growing family of brands delivering a wide range of products and solutions for the Aerospace, Defense, Manufacturing and Accessibility Markets. AGM was the first company to design breather valves for Hughes Aircraft missile containers!
We are an active member of our local community. AGM supports the local Tucson community where we are headquartered and supports numerous charities and events throughout the year. In 2009, AGM was recognized with the national U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s “America’s Best Small Business of the Year” award.
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- Life insurance for you, your spouse, and your child(ren).
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – a retirement plan you can grow with!
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – become an AGM employee-owner and share in the benefits.
- Paid Time Off.
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Tuition Reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year – go back to school on us!
- Performance review after 90 days of employment with up to a 5% wage increase!
- Wage increases based on performance and completion of higher education, given every six months.
- Quarterly and annual profit-sharing bonuses!
- Monthly work anniversary recognition, spirit and pastry days – and an annual company picnic.
- Summer employment opportunities for family members who are students!
DRUG AND NICOTINE SCREEN/TEST REQUIREMENT
Any job offer is contingent on the candidate successfully passing a drug and nicotine screening.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
Please note that this is an on-site role, and remote work arrangements are not available. Candidates must be willing and able to work at our facility during designated working hours.
The Sales Manager – AGM/Desiccant leads a team of Customer Service and/or Salespeople to help drive revenue for the company. The Sales Manager – AGM/Desiccant will motivate their team to build client relationships and meet all of the customer needs while developing positive working relationships with existing and potential customers to increase sales of all AGM products.
Employees who are in the “Salary” position are expected to uphold and abide by all Company policies and rules, including AGM’s “Courtesy and Professionalism Policy”. Abiding by this particular policy is especially important for a Salary, as a Salary is expected to be setting an example for all the employees who are in “Regular or Trainee” positions. As such, Salary Employees are not only expected to incorporate the Courtesy and Professionalism Policy in their dealings with AGM/Ascension Employees, but also in their dealings with AGM customers, vendors and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees Assistant Sales Manager, Customer Service Representatives, Contracts and Support staff to evaluate and improve the Company’s overall customer service. This includes the review of quotation and order-taking procedures. The Sales Manager also assists in responding to customer inquiries and/or complaints.
- Consults with Sales, Engineering, Production, Shipping, Contracts and/or Administrative staff and monitors e-mails and faxes to ensure that replies to customers are handled correctly.
- Manages the Company’s costing systems to ensure profitability and competitiveness.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Sales Manager, trains Customer Service Representatives in order taking procedures and customer relations techniques and advises workers of new or revised information on products or merchandise such as product capability, pricing, credit, warranties and shipping.
- Represents the company effectively with comprehensive knowledge of AGM’s product offerings.
- Researches consumer needs and identifies ways in which AGM’s product offerings may help to address such needs.
- Achieves company objectives by setting revenue goals, analyzing performance data and making shipment forecasts.
- Generates leads and establishes and nurtures client relationships
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Travels to trade shows and visits customers.
- Must act in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensures that all ISO (International Organization for Standardization) procedures are followed by every employee that he/she supervises.
- Maintains a satisfactory attendance and punctuality record.
- Other duties may be assigned by the President or a Manager in other areas or departments as needed.
Supervises Assistant Sales Manager and assists in supervising employees in sales and support staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting the Human Resources Manager in interviewing. Responsible for seeing that all Customer Service Representatives are trained on AGM’s products. Also, responsible for appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for seeing that the Assistant Sales Manager supervises the work of all hourly employees in the Sales or Receptionist areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (preferably in business) or equivalent from four-year college and three to five years related experience and/or training.
Must be able to speak, read and write excellent English in an effective manner. Must have ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customer.
Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear, sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally mover and/or lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be working around moving mechanical parts or machines. In addition, the employee is exposed to, and could come in direct contact with, potentially hazardous chemicals or materials. Therefore, the employee must follow proper safety procedures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
AGM Container Controls, Inc.Tucson, AZ
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.