Help Desk Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental, life insurance,
We are seeking a Help Desk Technician to join our team! You will resolve computer-related issues to assist 5,500+ customers when they experience any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of IT applications, products, or services. Complex and/or high priority problems are elevated to specialized support groups for resolution when needed, but the Help Desk Technician is responsible to ensure that an effective solution is provided to the user. The key to success in this position is to represent other IM/IT staff members, teams, and their services effectively, professionally, and respectfully to the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH) community.
- Troubleshoot and solve common network issues using physical and logical diagnostic tools.
- Troubleshoot and solve common Microsoft based platforms (Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, Etc.) and common hardware used throughout FBCH (Dell, Lenovo, and HP).
- Work within and between diverse technical teams knowledgeably and capably to resolve large-scale issues.
- Record required customer and problem information into the Remedy Trouble Ticketing System. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Handle customer interactions with diplomacy and tact, gauging the customer’s technical ability and communicating with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language to resolve the issue.
- Support incident, problem, and request management processes leveraging ITIL service framework with best-business practices.
- Work independently on special projects.
- (As needed) Identify and lead Help Desk level projects; work with the Project Management Office to provide technical support to projects.
- Tie in knowledge and past experiences in solving problems that arise on the job particularly those relating to Active Directory (Account Management, Organizational Units, Mailbox Management, Exchange features), Network, LAN, and VLAN (troubleshooting and setting up printers on network, identifying network versus local based issues).
- Participate in rotational On-Call service which provides after-hour support to high-priority tickets.
- Lift and/or carry 5-50 lbs. and pushes/pulls carts, if necessary.
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Security+ CE Certification
- Maintain CompTIA continuing education program requirements for existing certifications
- Security+, A+ and Network+ Certification
AGILE CARE ENTERPRISES LLC
Agile Care Enterprises LLC is a premier veteran's own IT services and cybersecurity consultancy serving organizations committed to preserving our past, securing our present, and assuring our future. Our unmatched enterprise system design, implementation, and optimization methodology and solutions enable our community to be ever ready and able to scale.
AddressFort Belvoir, VA