We reward talent, loyalty, pride of workmanship, whatever it takes attitude and reliability. We provide opportunities to grow and advance based on performance. If you share our high standards and solid values, we would love to talk with you about an opportunity for a rewarding future with AGI.
AGI General Contracting located in Stanton, California is seeking candidates for a paid Project Engineering Internship. The Project Engineering Intern will be responsible for learning how to become a member of the project team including but not limited to:
· Assist in pre-construction process. Attend pre-bid site visits, assist in developing project specific scope, and subcontractor proposal qualification.
· Assist project team in preparing and tracking RFI’s. Understanding RFI process and distributing answers to appropriate subcontractors.
· Request, track, and assist in submittals. Understand how submittals and shop drawings affect project schedule.
· Attend start up and close out meetings with project team and complete project start up and close out tasks.
· Assist in reviewing and understanding subcontractor scope of works and verifying this against plans and specifications.
The Estimating internship offers students an exciting opportunity to assist our estimating team on actual projects. Projects will range from Retail/Grocery to Healthcare/Office projects and from Remodel to New Construction. They will have the opportunity to job shadow multiple estimators and support them in their daily activities. The Intern will be involved in virtually all aspects of estimating procedures and functions, including but not limited to:
· Read Plans
· Develop Scope
· Subcontractor Bid Analysis
· Build/Link Complex Spreadsheets
· Attend Job Walks
· Create Preliminary Project Schedules
· Generate RFI’s
· Define missing scope and/or discrepancies in the bid documents
Qualifications - Enrollment in a construction management, engineering, or business management program is required. Knowledge and understanding of the drawings and specifications, materials, means and methods. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with the Microsoft office suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project). Very strong English oral & written communication skills required.