- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role supports most aspects of financial planning, reporting and analysis under the supervision of the CFO. The role also supports:
· The budget manager by developing and supporting analytical tools to support the budget and forecasting process.
· The process documentation initiative for financial reporting for the Office of Employee Benefits (OEB).
· Functional departments within the OEB to meet OEB’s financial objectives.
· Daily operations of the finance and accounting area as required.
Principal duties and responsibilities
· Responsible for accurate recording of transactions in the relevant accounting systems, including assisting with month-end and year-end close processes;
· Performs budget versus actual analysis and updates monthly forecast;
· Under direction of the CFO, assists with the key initiative of developing a comprehensive description of/analysis of the OEB accounting process;
· Leads research of relevant accounting policy issues and translates the results of this research into financial reports and financial statements;
· Analyzes, resolves and answers complex or difficult problems presented by staff or other parties;
· Participates in ad hoc projects and other initiatives, as requested.
· CPA or Masters in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience preferred.
· Generally 5-7 years accounting experience, preferably some Public Accounting.
· Experience working with GAAP and accounting software.
· Familiarity with Workday (general ledger), Adaptive Insights (forecasting) and Ariba (procurement/accounts payable) software preferred.
· Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
· Ability to provide work direction to others and work independently.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload of the position.
· Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
We bring value to our talent by helping them identify their individual skills and aptitudes, matching them with opportunities to excel and creating communities where they can foster their skills and always have a trusted partner in their career.
In supporting our clients, we understand that each organization and culture is unique, and we thrive in collaborating with our clients to provide innovative solutions to suit their specific needs.
The root of our growth and continued success stems from not only our loyal clients and talent, but the dedication of our people. Ageatia takes great pride in our teammates and the culture we built together as an organization. We promote an environment that rewards the hard work and perseverance necessary to solve the unique needs of our clients and talent. The Ageatia family might span across the country, but our team is tightly united around our core purpose, core values and our mission to provide superior service to our customers.
AGEATIA TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANCY SERVICES INC.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Support Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.