AGC Consulting San Juan, PR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Company
The Company offers 3PL services with warehouses in Puerto Rico and Texas.
Direct or coordinate warehousing, distribution, logistics and activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, and safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet inventory distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Business Management
- Develop and direct programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of warehouses and third party drivers.
- Forecast demand or create supply procedures that ensure availability and control of inventory per location.
- Continually keep abreast of industry trends to improve customer service and warehousing.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets, revenue projections, and account analyses.
- Responsible for controlling expenses and profitability of facility.
- Review of month end facility financial data.
- Shipping, Receiving and Inventory
- Analyze flow diagrams to determine best strategies for shipping, receiving and inventory handling.
- Establish internal controls to minimize theft and inventory loss.
- Communicate with or monitor providers, such as carriers or drivers.
- Client Services
- Develop customer service standards to monitor and evaluate client satisfaction.
- Audit operations to ensure service standards are being met.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with all accounts and respond to requests when required.
- Develop a space utilization plan to meet prescribed cost and service standards.
- Monitor the space layout plan to ensure it continues to meet company standards.
- Evaluate delivery information or other technology solutions to improve distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Review and revise reports on metrics, such as on-time delivery rates, order fulfillment rates, inventory turns and inventory accuracy.
- Develop and monitor a work safety and security program for all locations in accordance with OSHA and Company standards.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize waste.
- Management & Leadership
- Forecast staffing needs and develop recruiting strategies in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Direct and oversee job assignments and staffing schedules for all locations.
- Develop training and development programs to fulfill current and future company goals for customer service and warehousing.
- Set department objectives and KPIs.
- Evaluate Warehouse and Client Services staff’s job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
- Provide Warehouse and Client Services staff with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Ensure compliance and take ownership with appropriate government regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Education – Associate Degree in logistics and/or supply chain management or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Experience - At least 5 years of warehouse experience and logistics management in a similar role, as well as supervisory experience.
• Forklift – At least 1 year of forklift experience.
• Language – Knowledge of Spanish and English, written and oral.
• Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of computer software for warehousing, inventory management, word processing and Excel.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, inventory management, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
• Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and inventory accounting principles and practices.
AddressSan Juan, PR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at AGC Consulting