AG New Mexico Farm Credit Clovis, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
Ag New Mexico, Farm Credit Services, ACA is seeking a Loan Closer. This position ensures preparation of loan closing requirements and instruments within accepted procedures and guidelines of the association and prepares loan closing packages. The Loan Closer also performs title review and certification of liens covered by title insurance and approves disbursement of loan proceeds.
The Loan Closer also develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the association.
Ag New Mexico Farm Credit is a rural lending cooperative that provides financing for agriculture, agribusiness and rural real estate. The organization is headquartered in Clovis and has branch offices in Albuquerque, Roswell and Las Cruces, New Mexico. Ag New Mexico is part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, the nation's oldest and largest source of rural financing, which has been financing farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses for over 100 years.
Our Association provides competitive pay and an excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more! This position will be based in the Clovis office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review commitments for title insurance to substantiate adequacy of the title to meet regulatory and association requirements.
- Organizes loan closing requirements and instruments in compliance with all bank and association policies, procedures, and regulations. Ensures all requirements are met prior to closing and assists the Loan Officer in coordinating the date, time and place for the loan closing.
- Assembles and compiles documents for closing, such as insurance forms, loan forms, and flood certificates. Examines loan applications and closing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Research borrower/collateral history including tax lien and judgment search (if not performed by Title Co.) Process UCC filings, searches and billing.
- Verify sufficiency of legal description of the security of the collateral.
- Prepares loan closing statements verifying net loan proceeds, loan maturity dates and initial interest and principal repayment dates. Requests and approves loan proceeds (wire transfers) and verifies receipt of funds by the title company.
- Prepares various statements to meet requirements of the Truth-in-Lending Act as required (i.e. Disclosure, RESPA, right to cancel).
- Reviews post-closing documents such as title policies, deeds of trust, assignments and additional collateral. Ensures that all documents have been properly signed, witnessed and notarized by all required individuals.
- Assembles and compiles documents for loan submission to processing.
- Orders appraisals, title commitments, homeowner's insurance and other necessary documentation as required per loan type or investor.
- Reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Follows up on all loan servicing covenants, such as property taxes, homeowner's insurance and flood insurance.
- Assists with processing advanced loan collection actions, including foreclosure and restructuring as required.
- With properly delegated authority, may close loans in the absence of the loan officer.
- Compliance with FCBT and Association technology and security standards is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience):
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in land or title examination and/or loan documentation preparation with a working knowledge of consumer compliance regulations.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of title insurance, crop insurance and credit life insurance.
- May require working knowledge of the Texas Homestead Act and the Truth-in-Lending Act.
- Specialized knowledge of real estate security legal requirements, Truth-in-Lending Act regulations and procedures, FMHA requirements, and loan processing procedures.
- Specialized knowledge of documentation requirements for title policies, deeds of trust, and collateral.
- Intermediate to advanced software skills to include Microsoft Office or similar software and accounting software.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax/scan machines
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) required.
- Customer service orientation and a commitment to providing outstanding client service.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners.
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be to work with sensitive and confidential material with discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have a good driving record, valid, driver's license, vehicle insurance and a reliable vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full or part time position. Days and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch.
- Flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and changes must be pre-approved by management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Will have some repetitive hand and arm motions and prolonged periods of sitting and standing.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, listen, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as keyboarding and handling of equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Prolonged exposure to a computer screen.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Must be able to travel (10%) within the metropolitan and surrounding area.
Ag New Mexico Farm Credit, ACA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should call our Clovis office at (575) 762-3828 and ask to be referred to our HR Consultant to request accommodation in the application process.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AG New Mexico Farm Credit
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at AG New Mexico Farm Credit