Ag New Mexico, Farm Credit Services, ACA is seeking an experienced Chief Credit Officer. This position directs the activities of the association's credit division and is responsible for loan approval process, credit policies and procedures, security documentation, credits information and risk management. Also responsible for compliance with credit policies and procedures, credit delivery systems, loan accounting, reporting related to credit activities, portfolio performance and compliance with regulations and law applicable to credit delivery.
Ag New Mexico Farm Credit is a rural lending cooperative that provides financing for agriculture, agribusiness and rural real estate. The organization is headquartered in Clovis and has branch offices in Albuquerque, Roswell and Las Cruces, New Mexico. Ag New Mexico is part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, the nation's oldest and largest source of rural financing, which has been financing farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses for over 100 years. Our Association provides competitive pay and an excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k and more! The option exists for the right candidate to be located in any of the New Mexico locations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, promotes, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Supervises and reviews the work of staff for compliance with standards, policies, and procedures to ensure that work products meet association operating and regulatory requirements. Ensures that staff is provided adequate training and development opportunities designed to facilitate their roles and prepare them for future advancement.
- Establishes standards for credit underwriting, credit administration, loan appraisals, and quality control programs for the association. Develops, implements and maintains comprehensive credit policies and procedures. Ensures all credit operations comply with applicable laws, Farm Credit regulations, and association policies.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association's policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements comprehensive budgets, plans, programs and procedures. Develops performance standards, objectives and corrective action plans for credit and/or branch office operations.
- Directs the approval and monitoring of large and/or complex loans to include establishment of lending requirements and supervision of field servicing activities. Approves credit actions that exceed the delegated authority of credit and/or branch offices. Serves as a key member of the association Loan Committee.
- Develops and implements the credit risk management process. Oversees and monitors the credit information and risk management function.
- Serves on various association committees in the areas of management, operations, credit, and property assets for the development and implementation of short and long-range objectives, plans and programs.
- Compliance with FCBT and Association technology and security standards is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience):
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a credit-related activity
- Five (5) years of supervisor and management experience
- Requires skills or knowledge of common and complex credit arrangements, banking administration and accounting policies, procedures, reports, common business guidelines, FCA and other regulations applicable to lending.
- Specialized knowledge of business-related insurance and risk management practices.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/financial systems and principles.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office or similar software applications.
- Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under limited supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers, such as branch manager/loan officers, mortgage specialists, finance department, information systems, and internal auditor, to facilitate effective and efficient coordination of service delivered to customers or prospective customers.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax/scan machines
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) required.
- Customer service orientation and a commitment to providing outstanding client service.
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload.
- Must be able to work with sensitive and confidential material with discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have a good driving record, valid, driver's license, vehicle insurance and a reliable vehicle.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Will have some repetitive hand and arm motions and prolonged periods of sitting and standing.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, listen, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as keyboarding and handling of equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Prolonged exposure to a computer screen.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Must be able to travel (10%) within the metropolitan and surrounding area.
Ag New Mexico Farm Credit, ACA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should call our Clovis office at (575) 762-3828 and ask to be referred to our HR Consultant to request accommodation in the application process.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AG New Mexico Farm Credit